Materials Clerk performs material team functions that provide and deliver parts to the teams that design and build custom modifications for commercial HVACR equipment. This position focuses on shipping & receiving and material management tasks. This position is required to closely interact with materials team members, production technicians, project engineers, and administrative staff in order to improve productivity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other functions may be assigned.
- Responsible for scheduling and coordinating pick-ups with transporters regarding all Material (Parts).
- Generate all bill of lading and secure carrier signatures regarding Material (Parts).
- Responsible for unloading/loading all Material (Parts) skids at our location. Assist with unloading/loading of Units if Unit support is not available.
- Sort and deliver all Fed Ex / UPS packages to the proper locations.
- Responsible for daily outbound UPS/FED EX packages and tracking/communication if required.
- Receives incoming parts for TCS in JobBOSS. Verify, sort, and stage incoming parts (Project/Stock put away). Calls out any PO issues and works w/team on corrective actions.
- Responsible for gathering, consolidating and creating a floor stock PO for the shop floor and submit the order to TCS purchasing team.
- Performs Scanning/Filing of inbound pack lists for TCS.
- Learns parts business system software and effectively uses w/receiving and requisitioning.
- Carries out all duties with exceptional attention to detail for the sake of customer service and process integrity including accurate S&R management.
- Supports process improvements such as Lean, 5S, A3, JDI, and RIE.
- Communicates effectively with other team members concerning problems, obstacles, issues, and information needs.
- Assists with general office and shop work functions as needed.
- Safely drives material handling equipment.
- Attends and participates in team meetings and technical training classes when requested.
- Works as an effective member of a small team of material handling professionals and larger group of engineers, technicians, and office professionals.
- Submits accurate, timely reports as required.
- Performs work duties in compliance with all company safety policies.
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside normal work hours/weekends when needed.
- Flexibility to occasionally work in other company departments when needed.
- Flexibility to take staggered lunches depending on incoming freight
- Follow a FIFO system with specific item SKUs
- Receipt and put away freight material in a timely, efficient manner
- Call out any damage, incoming or otherwise, in a timely manner
- Accomplish daily and weekly tasks given by Team Leader
- Assist with gantry system as needed
- Loading and unloading of full size flat bed trucks
- Submit daily reports for use at the standup MDI meetings
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma required; 3-5 years of Shipping & Receiving experience preferred. Experience with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel. Excellent attendance and punctuality is required.
Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to use basic algebra.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to form written plans on stock put away to get all items in racks/off the floor by end of day.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License, Hi-low License
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, and effectively communicate with others. The employee frequently is required to walk and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee is occasionally required to stand, sit, and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works both in a typical office environment and in a typical factory/warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but may occasionally be loud.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.