Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local product and service support through a network of nearly 100 engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
Responsible for the safe, efficient, and successful operation of the assigned department or area on a particular shift in a particular Business Unit which includes managing the labor, productivity, maintenance, and engineering to meet or exceed customer production requirements and plant deliverables. Success in this role also requires effective communication with other supporting department personnel (ex. Materials, HR, Environmental, Health & Safety, Engineering, Quality, Program Management and DOS) and working within the terms of the union agreement.
* Assist the BU Area Manager in all aspects of running the business unit as needed which may include filling in during his/her absence.
* Assist the BU Area Manager with the determination of the (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual) goals and objectives for the BU direct reports
* Provide direct reports with the tools, coaching, training, and mentoring needed to accomplish goals and objectives. Remove roadblocks to ensure success.
* Coordinate department/area activities to fulfill production, service, inventory, and delivery requirements.
* Directly supervise union employees in various positions that support the department/area.
* Hold all employees in area of responsibility accountable for doing their job in a safe and efficient manner. This includes the ability to delegate responsibilities effectively, drive team-based problem-solving activities while leading and motivating a diverse group of subordinates.
* Analyze all area Key Performance Indicators (KPI) to identify areas for top focus and continuous improvements.
* Closely monitor production, labor, quality, scrap, throughput, efficiencies, etc. and address issues with the team and supporting personnel as they occur.
* Closely monitor overtime.
* Closely monitor, track and report equipment uptime/efficiencies and ensure preventative maintenance is completed as scheduled.
* Perform all required time and attendance responsibilities on a daily and weekly basis.
* Conduct employee counseling and/or issue write up's according to protocol.
* Ensure that all direct reports accurately and timely complete all production related paperwork and/or data entry.
* Work closely with the BU Area Manager on the Open Issues list to deliver action plans when assigned tasks within the timelines and drive closure to improve overall BU efficiencies.
* Elevate issues to the BU Area Manager according to procedure and protocol.
* Report area KPI as required.
* Attend and/or conduct daily shift, BU or plant meetings.
* Effectively conduct standard shift to shift handoff protocols.
* Participate in problem solving activities utilizing 8D methodologies.
* Provide an environment and culture where safety is the most important manufacturing consideration. All decisions are based first upon our employee's safety.
* Instill and sustain a culture where 5S is way of life that the entire BU shares in.
* Provide an environment supportive of team-based problem solving that facilitates and fosters communication throughout the operation.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures that company policies, procedures and goals are adhered to. Also ensure that all actions taken are within the guidelines of the union agreement. Ensure that all Supervisors are treating their employees fairly and consistently. Take corrective action when appropriate to ensure compliance.
* Work closely with supporting department activities (Human Resources, Production Control, Maintenance, Quality and Engineering) to ensure operational throughput and customer satisfaction.
* Study production schedules, review performance and customer releases to determine changes in schedules as required.
* Develop a strong team with employees cross trained to cover for absenteeism, vacations and turnover without any loss in efficiencies.
* Ensure that the Dana Operating System (DOS) and established quality system is implemented and maintained per the requirements.
* Ensure all IATF requirements are met for the BU.
* Drive compliance with all Dana Performance Management, Talent Management and Engagement Management requirements.
* Identify and recommend continuous improvement suggestions to the Area Manager and/or BU Operations Manager.
* Perform all other duties as assigned.
* Associate degree in a related field and/or the combined equivalent of education plus job related experience of at least 3 years.
* Automotive manufacturing experience is preferred.
* Strong leadership abilities with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to overcome challenges are required.
* Experience as a Supervisor responsible for 15 or more employees is preferred.
* Effective teambuilding and decision-making skills are required.
* Effective professional communication and people skills are required.
* Excellent time management, organizational and planning skills are required.
* Ability to work under pressure while maintaining focus to... For full info follow application link.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.