Assistant/Associate Professor of Trombone
- Teach undergraduate and graduate majors
- Coach chamber music
- Perform as a soloist/orchestral/collaborative artist while maintaining and developing a national and international profile
- Maintain visibility as an artist/performer and teacher at the state, national, and international levels
- Effectively recruit, retain, and mentor a strong class of undergraduate, MM and DMA students
- Provide effective service to the profession as well as to the College and University
- Demonstrate a commitment to support College of Music and University diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging initiatives through teaching, scholarly and creative endeavors, continuous development, and modeling inclusive behaviors
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Master’s degree and/or commensurate performance experience at the professional level
- Significant orchestral, chamber, and solo experience
- Evidence of successful recruiting and studio teaching at the university level
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues across disciplines
- Demonstrated commitment to working successfully with a diverse student population
- Evidence of a national and/or international reputation
Required Application Materials
- a letter of application
- a curriculum vitae
- the names and contact information for three references that can attest to the qualifications listed above
Review of Applications Begins On
The MSU College of Music Mission: To provide the highest quality professional instruction; to instill in students a dedication and desire to achieve excellence and understanding in all aspects of their musical education; to develop their abilities to the highest professional standards; to expand cultural awareness and diversity; to provide access for comprehensive non-degree instruction; to participate in community, state, regional, national and international arenas through service, teaching, research and performance; and to support an excellent faculty vitally engaged in significant research, scholarly and creative endeavors.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.