Traumatic Brain Injury Inpatient unit, part time midnight 7pm - 7:30am
SIGN-ON BONUS available for new hires!
Would you like to join Corewell Health? We have been serving patients for over 66 years. Come work for us and with a team that cares about you! We are looking for Nursing Aides who would like to combine their love for people and desire to provide compassionate care with opportunities to advance your career.
Check out the video below that shows the vital role our Nursing Aides play in providing patient and family centered care!
Assists licensed nursing staff in providing direct patient care and helps in the environmental maintenance of the nursing unit under the direction of the Registered Nurse and within the scope of defined practice.
Provides for personal care and safety needs of patients promptly under the supervision of licensed nursing staff including specific procedures and patient testing addressed in the patient plan of care.
Maintains an orderly unit environment with sufficient supplies and equipment in order to facilitate staff performance of patient care.
Contributes to effective communication as it related to the provision of patient care and the efficient operation needs of the unit.
Facilitates the admission, discharge and transfer of patients on and off unit in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Demonstrates a commitment to continued self-growth and maintenance of competencies.
Demonstrates Customer Focus and SERVICE EXCELLENCE and ROC principles.
Ensures and enhances facility, safety, and regulatory outcomes including National Patient Safety Goals and compliance to Restraint/Seclusion policies and procedures.
Completes all mandatory training/education/competencies required for job classification, along with TB testing.
Reports changes in patient condition to appropriate RN such as skin breakdown, abnormal vitals, abnormal input or outtake, or change in level of consciousness.
Demonstrates knowledge of Chain of Command process and initiates as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Education / Training:
* High School Graduate or Equivalent
* Previous hospital or nursing home experience preferred
Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* Current CNA certification preferred
* American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support certification required by completion of orientation
* Good communication and interpersonal skills. Able to perform Nursing Aide duties described above.
* Strength: Position requires incumbent to infrequently perform physical activities requiring ability to push/pull objects up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift objects of up to 30 pounds.
* Manual Dexterity: Position requires incumbent to frequently perform simple motor skills such as answering a telephone, frequently perform simple and moderately difficult manipulative skills such as writing and typing.
* Coordination: Position requires incumbent to frequently perform gross body coordination such as walking, filing, retrieving manuals, frequently performing tasks, which require eye-hand coordination such as keyboard skills.
* Mobility: Position requires incumbent to frequently perform mobility skills such as walking, standing, sitting and occasionally perform prolonged sitting.
* Visual Discrimination: Position requires incumbent to frequently see objects far away such as locating a client company and to discriminate colors in industrial signs; occasionally to see objects closely in reading faces or dials.
* Hearing: Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to hear normal sounds with some background of noise and to distinguish sounds as voice patterns in telephone conversations with clients.
* Concentration: Position requires incumbent to constantly be able to concentrate on details with moderate amounts of interruptions such as staff requests, new projects, financial analysis and strategy, proposal preparation.
* Attention Span: Position require incumbent to attend to task/functions constantly for periods up to 60 minutes in length and frequently attend to task/functions constantly for periods exceeding 60 minutes in length such as complicated reports, contract negotiations and renewals.
* Conceptualization: Position requires incumbent to frequently be able to understand and relate to specific ideas, concepts and theories multiply generated and simultaneously discussed.
* Memory: Position require incumbent to constantly remember task/assignments given to self and others over both short and long periods of time.
* Frequently exposed to elector-magnetic radiations as in VDTs
* Occasionally exposed to hazardous material other than blood, body tissues, or fluids, dust, toxins, cytotoxins, chemical hazardous materials, bodily injuries, loud and/or unpleasant noises, high humidity, electrical hazards, or poisonous substances
* Infrequently exposed to blood, body tissue, or fluids
* Seldom exposed to fluctuations in temperature, grease, oil, and radiation.
Pallet to Waist (6" from floor) > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50 lbs
Waist to Waist > 5 lbs: Seldom up to 50... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.