The Information Security Architect will develop and implement information security architecture and technology solutions to address the current and emerging information security and compliance requirements of the organization.
The Information Security Architect role lies within the Chief Information Security Officer Office reporting to the Director of Security Architecture and Engineering. (SA&E)
· Reviews existing security architecture, identifies design gaps, and recommends security enhancements.
· Ability to assess, scope and provide a work breakdown structure and hours estimation to complete security items on projects and programs.
· Ensures alignment between security architecture frameworks and standards and overall business strategy.
· Serves as an information security expert and trusted advisor to partners in IT and the business.
· Stays abreast of current and emerging security threats and designs security architecture to mitigate them.
· Achieves security architecture compliance on requirements, including but not limited to: Sarbanes-Oxley, payment card industry standards, HIPAA/HITECH, global data privacy requirements, as well as state and federal regulations.
· Stays abreast of emerging security technologies and integrates them into security architecture as needed.
· Lead on projects and programs working with PMs to deliver on time and on budget.
· Works on assigned RSA - Request Security Architect tickets and efforts assigned in ServiceNow.
· Ability to document and diagram architecture in conceptual and physical drawings and additional supporting documentation.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
· An understanding of the impact of emerging business and end-user technologies have on information security requirements and architecture.
· An understanding of business needs and commitment to delivering high-quality, prompt, and efficient service to the business
· Strong decision-making capabilities, with a proven ability to weigh the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and identify the most appropriate one.
· Demonstrated technical expertise in existing security and IT systems and an ability to keep pace with changing security and IT technologies.
· Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on the ability to effectively influence others.
· A team-focused mentality with the proven ability to work effectively with diverse stakeholders.
· An ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner.
· Network technologies including protocols, design concepts, and access control advanced required.
· Security technologies including encryption, data protection, access privileges advanced required.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems intermediate required
Bachelor's degree required Computer Science, Information Security, or related field
Seven (7) years or more Experience in an Information Security Architect role required
Seven (7) years or more Experience with regulatory compliance and information security frameworks (NIST 800/CSF, ISO 27001, COBIT, etc.) required
Network technologies including protocols, design concepts, and access control advanced required
Security technologies including encryption, data protection, access privileges advanced required
Knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Linux systems intermediate required
Knowledge of both regular expressions (regex) and JSON intermediate required
Other Information Security Certification (CISSP, GIAC, etc.)
DOT Regulated: None
Applicants from California, Colorado, Hawaii, New Jersey, New York City, and Washington:
Salary is determined based on internal equity; internal salary ranges; market
data/ranges; applicant's skills; prior relevant experience; certain degrees or
The salary for this position ranges from $120,000.00 to $150,000.00. Employees may also be eligible
to receive an annual bonus, as applicable.
Ryder offers comprehensive health and welfare benefits, to include medical,
prescription, dental, vision, life insurance and disability insurance options, as well as
paid time off for vacation, illness, bereavement, family and parental leave, and a tax advantaged 401(k) retirement savings plan
Job Category: Information Security
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
If you are a current employee at Ryder (not a Contractor or temporary employee through a staffing agency), please click here (http://wd5.myworkday.com/ryder/d/task/1422$3.htmld) to log in to Workday to apply using the internal application process.