GUEST ADVOCACY MANAGER – FULL TIME
JOIN THE LOAVES AND FISHES MINISTRIES (L&F) FAMILY TODAY! Make a difference in the lives of people experiencing homelessness by working at our small but mighty shelter! We are looking for an individual to work 40 hours per week as our Guest Advocacy Manager.
A little about us and why people want to work with us: L&F is a homeless shelter located in the Lansing community. We provide an emergency overnight shelter and two transitional houses, advocacy and support services for our guests in a non-judgmental and accepting atmosphere. Our purpose is to serve, not convert, respecting each person’s spiritual path. We genuinely care about our employees and their families, as well as our guests.
What we’re looking for in an ideal team member:
• Education: Associate Degree in Social Work, Human Services or similar academic program; Bachelor Degree in Social Work, Human Services or similar academic program a plus.
• Work availability: A regular schedule will be set, with general work hours to be worked Monday through Friday between 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. and the potential for occasional weekend hours.
• Required skills: Ability to use good judgment and remain calm and professional in stressful situations.
• Bonus qualifications: We’d love it if you have previously worked with people experiencing homelessness.
What you’ll typically be doing:
• Select overnight shelter and transitional house guests in coordination with the Executive Director.
• Administer standardized initial intake of guests in compliance with mandated requirements from regulatory agencies.
• Manage case data in Homeless Management Information Systems (“HMIS”) database software.
• Review all shelter or transitional house policies and procedures, as applicable, with each guest and obtain guest acknowledgement and acceptance.
• Coordinate case management of shelter and transitional guests.
• Perform inspections and searches in coordination with the Facilities Custodian, Executive Director and/or other staff.
• On a consistent basis, plan and facilitate group meetings with guests to clarify rules, policies and procedures and resolve any issues or conflicts between guests.
• Attend special events, meetings, workshops, conferences, and training opportunities as required.
• Ensure guest confidentiality.
• General administrative tasks as requested by the Executive Director and/or other staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Compensation is from $17.00 - $20.00 per hour commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous paid holidays, sick time, vacation time, and ongoing training opportunities available.
Please email resume’ to email@example.com.
Loaves and Fishes Ministries is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation or identification, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.