Ast. Inst/Inst - Fixed Term
The Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology and Special Education at Michigan State University is seeking outstanding candidates for anticipated fixed-term (non-tenure stream) faculty positions in the Master of Arts in Educational Technology program that will be filled on a recurring fall basis. Primary responsibility is teaching online graduate courses. Applicants in this pool are reviewed as needed when the MAET program has a need to fill a vacancy.
The position is planned to recur every Fall Semester upon successful review.
Position is planned to recur every Fall Semester.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Masters -Educational Technology, Digital Media, New Media, Learning Experience Design, Instructional Design or related field preferred.
- Master’s degree (Educational Technology, Digital Media, New Media, Learning Experience Design, Instructional Design or related field preferred) is required for an appointment at the rank of Instructor.
- Bachelor's degree (Educational Technology, Digital Media, New Media, Learning Experience Design, Instructional Design or related field preferred) is required for an appointment at the rank of Assistant Instructor.
- Online teaching experience.
- Experience teaching in a higher education environment.
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience with a wide range of educational technologies.
- Experience providing detailed, constructive feedback.
- Ability to respond to student communications in a timely manner.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter
- 3 letters of recommendation
Please submit application through MSU careers page.
Review of Applications Begins On
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.