Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary position.
To manage and care for an assigned herd of livestock.
Unit Position Summary
- Manage and care for an assigned herd of dairy cattle
- Maintain breeding, feeding, milk equipment and production, and related livestock records as specified.
- Provide special care and attention for animals at time of parturition
- Prepare animal for use in classroom instruction.
- Weigh and measure animals.
- Report symptoms of disease and illness to supervisor
- Maintain livestock barns and housing in a clean and orderly condition
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of agricultural equipment and facilities
- Transport livestock and operate vehicles such as tractors, trucks, and related agricultural machinery
- Instruct assigned support employees in work methods and processes
- Feed and water livestock
- Haul livestock feed and bedding
- Clean barns, sheds, pens, and related agricultural facilities
- Monitor accuracy of self-performance on computer program
- Course work in livestock care and disease recognition
- Minimum 2 years experience in dairy production
- Knowledge acquired from coursework from secondary school, technical, vocational, trade school and/or college in the field of animal science
- Knowledge of animal husbandry
- Experience operating and maintaining farm machinery
- Basic math skills
- Attention to detail
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Include a cover letter and resume
work as needed
Summary of Health Risks
- Work in an environment with dust and animal dander
Summary of Physical Demands
- ability to lift 50 pounds
- able to work on feet long periods of time