We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovated solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
The Powertrain Test Engineer II will support the customer in developing and executing powertrain and vehicle testing. The role will ensure testing is carried out according to approved procedures and customer requirements. The Powertrain Test Engineer II will perform independent project tasks and collaborate with customers and team members. This position is located in Dearborn, MI.
As a Powertrain Test Engineer II, you will:
- Review and understand engineering test plans for powertrain systems and automotive laboratory test setups
- Create computer-based tests and protocols for powertrain testing. Direct installation of required sensors and equipment
- Interpret data and provide feedback and conclusions. Compile test results and prepare reports consisting of data and analysis for the customer
- Conduct regular inspection of the unity under test and the testing data to ensure the test is proceeding as expected and to identify any irregularities that may prevent or interfere with future testing. Troubleshoot unit under test and facility issues
- Lead project management and implementation of testing efficiency improvements
- Assist in the training of new Engineers and Technicians
To be considered a Powertrain Test Engineer II, you will need:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Automotive Engineering, Automotive Engineering Technology, or equivalent
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the automotive or powertrain fields in engine design, calibration, repair, build up, production, or similar, or as a Test Engineer in Noise, Vibration, and Harshness (NVH), durability, chassis, road load, or similar
- Experience in data organization, plotting, comparison, and analysis
- Good understanding of internal combustion engines both spark and compression ignition
- Knowledge of fluid flow and heat transfer, systems, and components
- Knowledge of basic programming and electronics troubleshooting
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel
A successful candidate may also have:
- Experience with engine diagnostics and repair
- Experience as a powertrain or chassis dyno test engineer
- Basic proficiency in one or more programming languages (e.g. Visual Basic, MATLAB, Python, C++, etc.)
- Familiarity with engine calibration or communication
- Ability to use scientific measurement equipment (transducers, strain gauges, accelerometers, emission benches, etc.)
- Good skills in reading and interpreting engineering designs or assembly manuals
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://jobs.roush.com/us/en
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at (734) 779-7087.