The Bookkeeping Specialist is responsible for providing the daily bookkeeping services developed by Xtend Bookkeeping for Credit Unions. This position will encompass future services developed by Xtend that pertain to general ledger balancing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Provide day-to-day bookkeeping services for credit unions based on daily run sheets and policies and procedures.
2. Provide end of month services for the credit unions such as creating an EOM reconciliation packet and closing the general ledger for the month.
3. Perform extra balancing projects for credit unions approved by Manager.
4. Take responsibility for increasing job knowledge, familiarity with credit union operations, and problem-solving skills.
5. Maintain a positive contribution as a member of the Xtend Bookkeeping team and complete all tasks assigned by management to meet team objectives.
1. High School graduate or equivalent is required.
2. Two-year degree in a business-related field or equivalent work experience is preferred.
3. Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
4. Must be able to work during off-hours to get daily procedures completed.
5. Ability to use discretion when dealing with sensitive or confidential data.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
Xtend operates in a professional office building setting. Some job assignments at Xtend are primarily conducted within the office building(s) while others have moderate to extensive travel responsibilities as described in the Job Functions and/or Job Qualifications section(s) above. Xtend is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position.
This job description is not intended to be, nor should be construed as a contract for employment. Xtend makes no guarantee of permanent employment. This job description is to be used as a guideline to give the employee an understanding of what Xtend has defined this position to be.
Xtend will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental disabilities of qualified applicants unless to do so would cause an undue hardship. Disabled individuals who feel accommodation is needed to perform their job, or the job for which they have applied, must notify Xtend in writing of the need for reasonable accommodation within 180 days after the date the individual knew or reasonably should have known that an accommodation was needed. Xtend, thereafter, will make all reasonable accommodations unless to do so would pose an undue hardship.
Xtend is willing to accommodate disabilities to the extent a financial service organization can without impacting financial control or member service. Xtend is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Xtend maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment. We strive to be consistent in hiring, training, promoting, and compensating employees on the basis of personal competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, transgendered status, marital status, pregnancy, disability, citizenship, genetic information, veteran or military status, height, weight, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws. Our equal employment opportunity philosophy applies to all aspects of employment with Xtend, including recruiting, hiring, training, assignment, transfer, promotion, job benefits, pay, demotion, dismissal, and educational assistance.