People are at the heart of everything we do, and the inspiration for our legacy of outstanding outcomes, innovation, strong community partnerships, philanthropy and transparency. Corewell Health is a not-for-profit health system that provides health care and coverage with an exceptional team of more than 60,000 dedicated people - including more than 11,500 physicians and advanced practice providers and more than 15,000 nurses providing care and services in 22 hospitals, 300+ outpatient locations and several post-acute facilities - and Priority Health, a provider-sponsored health plan serving more than 1.2 million members. Through experience and collaboration, we are reimagining a better, more equitable model of health and wellness.
The Lab Customer Service Rep II will provide high quality service to internal and external laboratory customers in a high-stress environment. The CSR II is responsible for answering and triaging calls, gathering information, and documenting into a call tracking system utilizing numerous computer systems simultaneously to investigate and resolve complex laboratory issues between internal and external customers; facilitating unusual test requests; ensuring thorough follow-up and communication between all appropriate laboratory entities and customers; providing training and support to new employees, communicating laboratory requirements and policies to external customers along with reporting critical, stat and routine test results; communicating customer changes, requests, and variances to internal customers. Perform laboratory registration process per corporate registration guidelines.
1. Answer incoming calls, gathering and documenting appropriate customer information.
2. Communicate customer needs to the appropriate lab department or team for resolution and action.
3. Obtain and convey appropriate information from/to customers, documenting in call tracking system to resolve laboratory testing issues. and register patients via OneContact by collecting and documenting demographic and financial information. Appropriately activate, convert and discharge visits on one contact. Register appropriately following the Corporate Registration Process.
4. Work with sales/marketing team, Courier dept., Phlebotomy dept., and Lab to resolve issues.
5. Provide information to customers regarding patient test results and status of test results.
6. Call critical and stat laboratory results and document communication in appropriate system.
7. Investigation and resolution of laboratory issues, properly documenting in Laboratory LIS system.
8. Answer client questions regarding special test requirements/arrangements, scope of services offered, concerns related to test orders and results.
9. Relay information and requests to customers in the form of patient reports, requisitions and faxes.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
B. Work Experience:
* 1 year experience required
* Microsoft/Windows experience, type 30 wpm.
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* None required.
D. Other Qualifications:
* Position requires excellent organizational, communication and customer service skills.
* Must be detail oriented.
* Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently; experience with multi-line communication systems and simultaneous use of multiple computer applications.
* Medical terminology and laboratory information systems experience preferred.
* Lab Customer Service Rep II must be able to work independently in a fast-paced business environment utilizing multiple systems (Soft Lab, Sunquest, Copath, Imaging, etc...) to fact find and problem solve while maintaining a cheerful demeanor.
* Special temperament needed to handle frustrated/upset customers and patients.
Corewell Health offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
Free onsite parking at all campuses
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
Primary LocationSITE - Research Building - 3811 W 13 Mile Road - Royal Oak
Department NameLab - Customer Service Dearborn - CH East - South
Employment TypeFull time
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours40
Hours of Work9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Days WorkedMonday - Friday
Weekend FrequencyEvery fourth weekend
CURRENT COREWELL HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through Find Jobs from your Workday team member account. This career site is for Non-Corewell Health team members... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.