People are at the heart of everything we do, and the inspiration for our legacy of outstanding outcomes, innovation, strong community partnerships, philanthropy and transparency. Corewell Health is a not-for-profit health system that provides health care and coverage with an exceptional team of more than 60,000 dedicated people - including more than 11,500 physicians and advanced practice providers and more than 15,000 nurses providing care and services in 22 hospitals, 300+ outpatient locations and several post-acute facilities - and Priority Health, a provider-sponsored health plan serving more than 1.2 million members. Through experience and collaboration, we are reimagining a better, more equitable model of health and wellness.
$1,500 sign on bonus available for full time roles, $750 sign on bonus for part time.
Under the direction of phlebotomy management, performs diverse support functions including phlebotomy to ensure accurate test results and a quick turnaround time. Positions supporting Patient Service Centers and client offices are required to provide phlebotomy services to these locations as determined by department needs and may be assigned to different locations and/or different schedules without a 30-day notice.
1. Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures to obtain adequate samples from patients. Responsible for proper patient identification, correct specimen labeling and necessary documentation. Demonstrates knowledge and ability to evaluate and select proper collection methods for age specific patients.
2. Supports laboratory activities related to laboratory testing (phlebotomy, specimen collection, computer order entry and specimen processing) to ensure accurate result reporting and quick turn-around time.
3. Performs processing functions to support laboratory services as related to testing including verification, accessioning, aliquoting, processing and batching send out testing, adding/cancelling tests, distributing, storing and disposing of specimens.
4. Adheres to Compliance policies as related to job duties to include presenting Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) of non-coverage prior to delivery of outpatient services.
5. Performs observational competency of all support staff under the guidance of the phlebotomy leadership using established criteria.
6. Maintains department equipment and inventory to ensure proper supplies are available.
7. Works well without direct supervision.
8. Participates in:
* Patient and Family-Center Care Culture
* Q.I./process improvements, data collection, QC documentation, and/or CAP surveys as applicable to the assigned department.
* Staff activities of a High Reliability Organization (HRO)
* Friend-at-Work program and assists in training new hires as applicable/assigned
* Staff meetings and committee meetings as assigned
9. Cost effectiveness: Efficient use of time in completing tasks accurately and timely. Mindful of appropriate use of laboratory funds through purchase requests and the observance of wasteful use of supplies
10. Performs other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
This document represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
A. Education / Training:
* High school diploma or equivalent required: Medical Assistant or Phlebotomy Course and phlebotomy externship preferred.
* Completion of a phlebotomy training program required. The achievement of 50 draws within previous roles will be considered in lieu of a completed training program.
B. Work Experience:
* 6 months experience preferred, dependent on assignment
C. Certification, Licensure, Registration:
* Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant Certification preferred
D. Other Qualifications:
* Positions supporting Patient Service Centers and client practices require reliable transportation, a valid Michigan Driver's License and good driving record in accordance with Corporate Policy. Employees are required to immediately notify manager of any traffic violations incurred.
Corewell Health offers a comprehensive benefits package to meet your financial, health and life-work balance goals.
NEW On-demand pay program - powered by Payactiv
Generous paid time off, holidays and flexible scheduling
Our employees receive special discounts on a wide range of products and services
Exceptional health, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans
Generous retirement savings, disability insurance, identify theft protection and even home and auto insurance
Free onsite parking at all campuses
This is where extraordinary begins. Find out where it can take you and your career. Apply Now!
Primary LocationSITE - Troy Hospital - 44201 Dequindre Road - Troy
Department NameLab - Inpatient Phlebotomy - CH East - North - Troy
Employment TypePart time
ShiftDay (United States of America)
Weekly Scheduled Hours20
Hours of Work6:00 a.m. -2:30 p.m.
Weekend FrequencyEvery other weekend
CURRENT COREWELL HEALTH TEAM MEMBERS - Please apply through... For full info follow application link.
Beaumont Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.