As the Director of Strategic Communications and Marketing, you will:
- Design and direct complex and diverse projects, coordinating the work of other professionals, and ensuring program accountability.
- Manage multi-disciplinary professional staff.
- Develop and manage budget, evaluate results, and develop corrective strategies as needed.
- Drive the development of all communication and marketing plans from concept to execution.
- Build a clear outcomes-based communications strategy to foster and maintain a strong connection with internal and external audiences to TNC's conservation agenda and inclusive culture.
- Identify solutions to help TNC respond to and/or pre-empt any reputational issues that may arise utilizing effective communications and marketing strategies.
- Work collaboratively across all functions to discover, develop, and amplify compelling stories that speak to diverse audiences.
- Prioritize limited resources for the greatest possible impact on TNC's conservation goals and external positioning.
- Serve as mentor/advisor to communications and media staff throughout the organization.
- Collaborate with the philanthropy team on corporate partnerships and strategic donor-related marketing programs.
- Provide strategic oversight and develop communications for TNC's board of directors in Florida, including leading the Marketing & Communications committee. Connect local work to regional, national, and global priorities, objectives, and initiatives.
- Work with multi-state teams to enhance connectivity and effectiveness of regional endeavors.
WE'RE LOOKING FOR YOU
Are you looking for work you can believe in? At TNC we strive to embody a philosophy of Work that You Can Believe in where you can feel like you are making a difference every day. We're looking for someone with strong experience in leading a diverse, multi-disciplinary team. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing mission of conservation by directing and shaping the work of our team!
The ideal candidate will have all or some of these qualifications. If you don't have all of them, apply anyway and tell us about your skills and experience:
- You can take the complex and boil it down to its essence, making it understandable, compelling, and personal. You understand that communication is about storytelling and crafting a meaningful connection that drives action.
- Experience cultivating and managing relationships with senior leaders and media contacts.
- Experience directing and implementing campaigns.
- Diverse communications experience in advising leadership and guiding your team.
- Evaluate opportunities for their return on investment, and lead with a strategic approach that delivers outcomes.
- Experience advising/working collaboratively and have the skills to help our leaders discover and share important, inspiring stories.
- Comfortable having the accountability for the overall narrative of our work in Florida.
- Experience in building relationships with diverse audiences and in developing, refining, and spreading a message with them.
- Stay current on hot topics, trending stories, and new platforms/technologies and use this information to drive strategy, amplify our message, and increase awareness and impact.
- Experience as a team leader that creates a positive, professional, and productive environment.
- Cultivate teamwork, provide opportunities for growth, and foster an environment where creativity and innovative thinking thrive.
- Experience in external and internal communications, policy/advocacy, public relations, and digital marketing.
- Experience delivering results with limited resources.
- High level of emotional intelligence, executive presence, and influencing skills.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree in related field and a minimum of 9 years related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing staff and teams.
- Experience developing communications, media and engagement strategies and measuring results.
- Experience cultivating and managing client relationships.
- Experience developing and leading complex projects or programs including financial responsibility and measuring results of strategic plans and programs.
WHAT WE BRING
Since 1951, TNC has been doing work you can believe in. Through grassroots action, we have grown from a small non-profit into one of the most effective and wide-reaching environmental organizations in the world. Thanks to more than 1 million members, over 400 scientists, and the dedicated efforts of our diverse staff and partners, we impact conservation around the world!
TNC offers a competitive, comprehensive benefits package including health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, a 401(k) plan with an 8% employer match, parental leave, accrued paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, other life and work well-being benefits. Learn more about our benefits on our Culture Tab on nature.org/careers.
We're proud to offer a flexible work environment that supports of the health and well-being of the people we employ.
The starting pay range for a candidate selected for this position is generally within the range of $93,000 - $133,000 for annual base salary. This range only applies to candidates whose country of employment is the USA. Where a successful candidate's actual pay will fall within this range will be based on a variety of factors, including, for example, the candidate's location, qualifications, specific skills, and experience. Please note countries outside the USA would have a different pay range in the local currency based on the local labor market, and not tied to USA pay or ranges. Your geographic location will be confirmed during the recruitment.
To apply for job ID 54587, submit your materials online by using the Apply Now button at https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our recruitment page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.