Our mission is to work as a team, taking responsibility in building loyalty with our customers and our coworkers, to exceed expectations in providing product and services that combine high quality with integrity and to assist all internal and external customers to assure that their needs are met in a ‘Customer Service Plus 1’ manner.
Provide support to the Human Resource Director and assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures. Develop, recommend, and install new or modified benefit plans and ensure administration of the plans, while providing excellent customer service. Utilize measured Human Resource systems and processes to maximize efficiency and support the achievement of the Company’s business goals, objectives and financial performance. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions
- Assist HR Director with various projects.
- Schedule meetings with business unit managers and other personnel
- Perform clerical functions such as photocopies, faxes, filing, prepares correspondence, employment verification, prepare new employee benefit files, etc.
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of personnel forms, Employee Handbook and Policy and Procedures manual.
- Assist with development and maintenance of company organizational charts.
- Administer Workers’ Compensation claims and attend hearings.
- Administer Group Life and Optional Life Insurance
- Administer 401(k) Plan
- Administer FMLA/LOA/STD
- Administer Flexible Benefit
- Compiling annual census data, assisting with 401 K audit, and filing form 5500
- Maintain benefit plans including eligibility, enrollments, claims resolution, terminations, COBRA and coordinate with third party administrators.
- Counsel employees and applicants on plan provisions
- Manage annual open enrollment period each year.
- Conduct employee presentations
- Act as a liaison with various insurance carriers, third party administrators and employees to foster effective relationships.
- Provide comprehensive explanations of benefits to new hires and guide them through the enrollment process.
- Be responsible for everything Benefits in UKG, our HRIS by keeping plans and pricing up to date, monitoring enrollments building and sending reports and auditing the information.
- Complete reports for management and third-party administrators
- Keep management advised of potential problem areas and recommend/implement solutions as appropriate.
- Develop specifications for new plans or modify existing plans to maintain company’s competitive position in labor market.
- Make recommendations for employee cost sharing to maintain budgetary goals.
- Review billings from carriers for accuracy, resolve discrepancies with carriers and payroll.
- File EEO-1 report.
- Consult with legal counsel as appropriate.
- Stay current on federal, state and case law changes and monitor labor law updates for changes that affect HR.
- Maintain Summary Plan Description, Summary of Material Modifications, amendments for all benefit plans.
- Ensure compliance with Wage and Hour programs.
- Maintain benefits files in compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Comply with legal requirements for investigative procedures.
- Perform reconciliations of coverage vs payroll deductions in the general ledger
- Respond to employee relation concerns such as complaints, harassment/discrimination allegations and personal needs.
- Assist with procedures for completing disciplinary forms, terminations and exit interviews.
Human Resource Function
- Monitor compensation program.
- Facilitate and/or provides training as directed.
- Help with special events for staff.
Human Resource Director/Human Resource Department
- Daily Communication regarding HR issues
- Physicians, insurance companies, network providers, drug companies, attorneys, third party administrators, worker’s compensation companies, other benefits vendors, and outside consultants
Senior Management, Business Unit Managers, Department Heads, Employees
- Communication regarding HR issues
- Strong commitment towards task completion
- Ability to objectively coach employees through complex, difficult, and emotional issues
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize and work independently a must.
- Ability to keep an open door and remain flexible for support if situation demands it.
- Team oriented with excellent organizational skills.
- Detail oriented and service driven.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, especially Excel, MS word and ABRA or similar H.R. program, UKG.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, and written communication skills
- Excellent telephone and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration
- Strong analytical skills and a thorough knowledge of benefit plan designs
- Ability to follow policies and procedures and communicate recommended changes through proper channels.
- Ability to work with and through other people to accomplish operational demands.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances, personalities, and hours.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with three years of Human Resources experience or five years of experience in the HR field
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred.
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulation preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in Health and Welfare and 401(k) plans
- Ability to make presentations in large or small groups.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IN NO WAY STATES OR IMPLIES THAT THESE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES TO BE PERFORMED BY THIS EMPLOYEE. INCUMBENTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ANY OTHER INSTRUCTIONS AND TO PERFORM ANY OTHER DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY THE SUPERVISOR.