Based in Clare, MI the Rogers Group is a family-owned collection of innovative businesses that provide solutions to markets ranging from sports and entertainment to in home food preservation. Utilizing core capabilities and central resources, the Rogers Group provides a unique ability to innovate. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Competitive wage- Great Benefits!
Remote Sales Opportunity
The responsibility of the Weight Sales Representative is to lead and grow the sales effort for weight sales in Clubs, Gyms and internationally. This position will be the main contact person for direct and dealer sales and the focal point of communication between the customer and operations. Must have experience in selling into the Gym, and Club spaces and ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- The Rogers Weight Sales Representative will develop and implement sales strategies and sales plans for the market to support the marketing plan and achieve target revenue.
- Contact potential customers throughout the markets on both a solicited and unsolicited basis and demonstrate the value and benefit of the Rogers Athletic product lines.
- Represent the Company in resolution of job problems in the markets and achieve customer satisfaction resulting in timely and full payment to the Company.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and customer preferences. Use this knowledge to refine sales strategies and identify new business opportunities.
- Articulate scope of project, customer needs, preferences, and positions to internal staff in clean understandable language to assure accuracy and completeness.
- Work with the Vice President of Sales to provide a list, updated monthly, of projects being worked upon and their status.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of appropriate Rogers Athletic ‘product lines to effectively communicate product features, benefits, and advantages to potential clients.
- Work with the Vice President of Sales to provide monthly forecast of orders, yearly forecasts and consolidated list of bid tabs of jobs won and lost in the competitive bidding process.
- Evaluate business opportunities in terms of pricing guidelines and recommend pricing and quoting to maximize profitable business.
- Review with Customer Service Director and when appropriate the Vice President of Sales requests for warranty credit. Coordinate product failure and quality complaint procedures through Customer Service.
- Lead by example in conducting product demonstrations and presentations to clients, showcasing the value proposition of Rogers Athletics products.
- Understand engineering and manufacturing capacity and quote new business to allow adequate preparation time.
- Attend, work and staff trade shows as appropriate.
- Provide physical demonstration support as necessary.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent. Prefer bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Sales or a related field. Proven experience in sales. Results driven mindset.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Ability to complete data entry in an accurate and expedient manner in (Salesforce and Epicor).
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must possess basic math skills and complete financial analysis. Ability to interpret and read blueprints.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with the variety of situations which occur in the quoting process. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or work order form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Agility of the upper and lower body extremities and capable of lifting 35 pounds.