Based in Clare, MI the Rogers Group is a family-owned collection of innovative businesses that provide solutions to markets ranging from sports and entertainment to in home food preservation. Utilizing core capabilities and central resources, the Rogers Group provides a unique ability to innovate.
Location: Remote (Central US), ideally based in the Kansas City area
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the top line sales, growth and profitability of assigned geographic territory (Central US). The position will require travel approximately 50-80% of the time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in generation of business plan for StageRight Events
- Assist in generation of new products to provide sustained long-term growth.
- Responsible for all direct sales in designated territory
- Respond to all incoming requests for quotations.
- Respond to all incoming requests for proposals.
- Review all bid / contract documents.
- Obtain all scope and cost information from appropriate disciplines within the company including engineering, manufacturing, accounting, shipping and installations.
- Adequately follow up on all outstanding proposals and quotes.
- Process all incoming orders for designated territory.
- Prepare all required bid proposals completely assuring proper documentation of cost/pricing, qualifications, clarifications, and require documents.
- Execute business plan within assigned geographic territory.
- Follow price and gross margin initiatives to best position for securing work.
- Attend all pre-bid and post bid review meetings.
- Properly hand-off projects to PM and Engineering.
- Manage sales pipeline of projects for assigned territory providing weekly report updates.
- Travel as required to create and maintain industry accounts and relationships (all major venues, and industry contacts including architects, GC/CM’s, building management companies and consultants) to adequately support market sales objectives.
- Travel as required to all necessary industry trade shows and conferences.
- Prepare and provide all necessary presentations to industry clients.
- Manage expense account for assigned territory.
- Execute expense reports monthly per company guidelines.
- Effectively plan travel on an efficient basis and provide weekly travel plans.
- Provide feedback on industry trends and activities.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: Must possess High School degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language. Ability to read and understand architectural blueprints and specifications. Familiarity with common standard contract language.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Proficient keystrokes using Word, Excel, Outlook and Power Point software. Ability to complete data entry in an accurate and expedient manner in CRM software.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must possess basic math skills.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with the variety of situations and people.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Agility of the upper and lower body extremities and capable of lifting 35lbs.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER