Based in Clare, MI the Rogers Group is a family-owned collection of innovative businesses that provide solutions to markets ranging from sports and entertainment to in home food preservation. Utilizing core capabilities and central resources, the Rogers Group provides a unique ability to innovate. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Competitive wage - Great Benefits!
The Detailer/Drafter prepares detailed, working, manufacturing diagrams including dimensions, fastening methods, and other engineering information that is integral to the designs of our products. Diagrams for detailing will be based on rough sketch specifications and calculations of the engineer and design teams. This position is responsible for producing shop drawings, modeling, creating detailed plans for current and future products, and diligent attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Responsible for completion of detailed production prints in a timely manner.
- Create or revise 3-D CAD models relating to design projects.
- Perform site visits through the help of a more experienced team member.
- Provide support to the shop floor on design issues and errors.
- Responsible for accurate calculation of weight and quantities.
- Grow to be familiar with general code requirements and customer specifications.
- Read, interpret, and practice design/drafting standards in drawing and model creation.
- Supports the team through willingness towards accomplishment of departmental and companywide goals.
- Attend training seminars and software upgrade seminars as required.
- Additional duties may be assigned on an as required basis.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree (or equivalent) from a two-year college or technical school.
- 1 year CAD experience (may be considered in lieu of education).
- Composition of technical drawings.
- Basic knowledge of reading and interpreting blueprints.
- 2+ years Autodesk Inventor (or SolidWorks)
- 2 + years AutoCAD
- Associate must have the ability to communicate internally and externally effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to use critical thinking skills to solve unique challenges.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, 3D Modeling, 2D drafting/drawing.
- Experience working in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics, algebra and geometry.
- Frequent use of hands and long periods of sitting that comes with the use of computers.
- Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, and stoop as needed in an office environment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision.
- Capable of lifting 30 pounds at times.