This position is responsible for the day-to-day manufacturing operations in assigned department. Responsible for achieving daily productivity, efficiency, cost, quality, safety and EOE objectives through both individual and team contributions. Provides direction, leadership, development, and support to direct reports through empowerment, teamwork, on-the-job assignments and continuous improvement initiatives. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company's policies, OSHA regulations and applicable laws.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to the following.
* Set goals for performance and deadlines that comply with company guidelines and communicate goals with subordinates
* Organize workflow assignments and ensure that employees understand their duties and/or delegated tasks
* Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
* Ensures proper procedures are being followed for production efficiency, product quality, employee safety according to company, state, and federal guidelines
* Recommends improvements to production methods, equipment performance and quality of products
* Receives complaints and resolves problems production issues
* Maintains timekeeping for employees
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following, and enforcing standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations
* Accomplishes human resources objectives by, training, scheduling, coaching, counseling, disciplining employees and conducting performance evaluations; communicates job expectations; and consistently enforces company policies and procedures
* Leads by example, this includes following company policies, standards, and specifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education - High School Diploma/GED required; Bachelors preferred
2. Proven experience as supervisor or relevant role
3. Strong understanding of products and production processes
4. Knowledge of quality control standards and systems
5. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with people.
6. Strong attention to detail and accuracy
7. Good reasoning ability is required to solve a wide range of business problems
8. Should have excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and deal with stressful situations
9. Contributes to building a positive team spirit and displays a great attitude; team facilitation skills including conflict resolution
10. Must be able to work a flexible schedule and overtime based on customer needs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.