Based in Clare, MI the Rogers Group is a family-owned collection of innovative businesses that provide solutions to markets ranging from sports and entertainment to in home food preservation. Utilizing core capabilities and central resources, the Rogers Group provides a unique ability to innovate. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Competitive wage - Great Benefits!
- Full-time 40 hours per week - overtime required and as needed.
- No Sundays.
- First increase at 90 days! Performance reviews every 6 months.
Inspect incoming material for quality specification and quantities. Receives and issues raw material to and from saws, trucks and storage area by operation of an overhead crane. Primary focus would be working on the robotic welder and fabrication of products utilizing other CNC machines. This would include programming, machine setup, operation and adjustment of process variables to meet quality demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains inventory control by identifying and labeling raw material with proper identification.
- Complete entry of work orders, packing slips, etc. into the main computer system.
- Must be knowledgeable in welding.
- Receives and issues raw material according to the work order, prints, routings and bill of lading.
- Select appropriate programs utilizing the operating software, based upon the work order and print. Cross checking that revision, part number, and description is correct.
- Before loading material into the machine, verify correct amount, size, gauge, and length of material has been loaded into the machine and issued to the work order. Utilizing calipers, micrometers, and other measuring devices to verify accuracy.
- Check quality of first part for appearance and that the part meets print specifications. Assures that the fit, function and appearance of products are at, or exceed quality standards. Fulfills production requirements.
- Place finished parts in proper container/rack and designated location.
- Records on work order all labor and downtime, documenting all information pertaining to each work order and routing.
- Performs daily shift maintenance inspection per the preventative maintenance (PM) checklist.
- Confers with the Team Leader or Crew Leader on any problems regarding safety, quality, production, inventory issues, etc.
- Confers with Engineering Programmer to maximize potential efficiency and quality gains in manufacturing process.
- Maintain high quality standards as regards to machine and work area. Removal of all metal scrap, debris and residue form machine as needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diplomas or equivalent desired. Desire two years of experience and/or educational related courses on related machinery. Prefer experience/knowledge of blueprint reading, AutoCAD, CNC programming, thermal cutting machinery and welding knowledge. Achieve obtaining a Crane License and fork truck license.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Must possess satisfactory math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, basic geometry.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have excellent problem-solving abilities. Ability to multi-task, by being able to complete more than one task at a time. Ability to operate machinery on a three-dimensional basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Agility of the upper and lower body extremities, and capable of lifting 50 pounds regularly.