Based in Clare, MI the Rogers Group is a family-owned collection of innovative businesses that provide solutions to markets ranging from sports and entertainment to in home food preservation. Utilizing core capabilities and central resources, the Rogers Group provides a unique ability to innovate. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Competitive wage - Great Benefits!
- Full-time 40 hours per week - overtime required and as needed.
- No Sundays.
- First increase at 90 days! Performance reviews every 6 months.
The robotic welder is responsible for set-up, maintenance, and operation of robotic welding equipment. By following order specification documents, the robotic welder will position, secure, and fabricate parts of manufactured products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Lifts work piece manually or using hoist and secures work piece in fixture or loads automatic feeding device.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machine factors, such as wire feed speed, amperage, polarity, type of gas, and type of weld rod.
- Starts machine, engages feed, and observes operation.
- Inspects and measures machined work pieces to verify conformance to specifications.
- Moves machine controls and guides to adjust machine.
- Unload welded parts from robotic welder and place on appropriate containers.
- Remove rough spots from work pieces, using portable grinders, hand files, or scrapers.
- Chip or grind off excess weld, slag, or spatter, using hand scrapers or power chippers, portable grinders, or arc-cutting equipment.
- Maintains accurate counts of parts; attaches labels or tags to finished part containers identifying customer, part number, quantity and shop order information.
- Maintains company quality, efficiency, and productivity standards.
- Reads job specifications (e.g. blueprints) to determine type of welding and material requirements.
- Examines finished work pieces to verify conformance with specifications according to operator inspection sheet, quality control plans and/or customer notes using instruments such as gauges.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the Crew Leader.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and equipment and follows safety regulations.
- Additional duties may be assigned as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. 1 year of welding experience. Working with robotic machinery preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language. Associate must have the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
REASONING ABILITY: Must have the ability to concentrate on tasks for long periods of time and be able to observe and receive information from all relevant sources
COMPUTER SKILLS: Basic computer knowledge.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, bending, twisting and handling of materials. Position requires manual dexterity, arm-hand steadiness and a safety-minded individual