Summary: In this role, the welder will be expected to join, fabricate, and repair metal and other weldable materials by applying appropriate techniques and using various welding devices. The ideal candidate will bring technical know-how and an innovative mindset to the role and help drive our industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Position parts according to work orders, routings, prints, and knowledge of the unit.
- Regulates machine for proper weld current, wire feed, and gas flow.
- Joins together two pieces of steel or aluminum by heating to a temperature high enough to cause proper fusion.
- Assures that the fit, function and cosmetics are at, or exceeds Rogers/StageRight quality expectations.
- Removes BB’s and any other weld imperfections from surface of products.
- Records all labor, downtime, scrap, rework, and documents all information pertaining to each work order and routing sheet.
- Implements and completes all welding and related tasks assigned by team leaders and crew leaders.
- Maintains all company safety regulations to provide a clean, accident free, and healthy work environment.
- Confers with team leaders and crew leaders on any problems regarding safety, quality, production, inventory, or customer service issues.
- Attend training for welding, fabrication, and safety.
- Additional duties may be assigned as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent desired. At least one year welding experience. Blueprint and welding symbol knowledge preferred.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language. Associate must have the ability to communicate internally and externally effectively and efficiently.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with the variety of situations which occur in the daily fabrication process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Agility of the upper and lower body extremities, capable of lifting 50 pounds regularly.