This position is responsible for the appropriate application and quality of paint to all painted parts and understands the paint line process from start to finish. Performance of a variety of production duties to support efficiency, quality, and safety in the daily operations of the manufacturing process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The responsibilities listed below are not intended to be all-inclusive.
- Reads work orders or prints and receives from Team Leader the sequence of painting.
- Removes rust, BB’s and any imperfections from surfaces to prepare surfaces for painting.
- Maintains proper concentration of water, cleaning solutions, and temperature of the wash tanks. This assures proper corrosion retardation, adhesion, and paint durability of Rogers or StageRight material.
- Hangs product on the line with proper hooks, eyelets and spacing to enhance the electrostatic process and assure the safe and proper travel of the product.
- Applies powder coat paint with the NPE-CC8 electrostatic power unit, while maintaining the atomizing flow rate, fluidizing and kinetic voltage thereby assuring the most efficient powder coating of the product.
- Records all labor and downtime documenting all information pertaining to each work order and routing.
- Helps maintain all company safety regulations to provide a clean, accident free and healthy work environment.
- Confers with the team leader or crew leader on any problems regarding safety, quality, production, or inventory issues.
- Additional duties may be assigned as required.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE: High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to read a tape measure and have knowledge of blueprint reading.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read, analyze and interpret the English language. Associate must have the ability to communicate internally and externally effectively and efficiently.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with the variety of situations which occur in the daily assembly process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Agility of the upper and lower body extremities, and capable of lifting 50 pounds regularly, must be able to stand for long periods of time.