Assist die makers, leads, supervisors, and manager in day-to-day activities in the tool room, with a willingness to change priorities at any time. Performs scheduled and unscheduled tool and die making/repairs. Always working to improve dies to allow the plant to run as efficient as possible, and ensure we produce parts that meet the customer’s specifications.
- Analyzes specifications, lays out metal stock and fits and assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting tools, jigs and fixtures, and gauges.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, radial drill press, and grinders, to machine parts to specifications, and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or worktable.
- Assembles and presets tooling for next operation during automated cycle to reduce machine downtime.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools, and jigs and fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding construction and function of part.
- Enter all time for the day into SAP
- Installs and assembles hydraulic lines and hydraulic components.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments, and clearances. Works to tolerances as close as zero.
- Smooth flat and contoured surfaces and power grinders, and fits and assembles parts together and into assemblies and mechanisms.
- Operate all cranes, hilo’s, die cart, and any other equipment for working on dies or die setting assets.
- Operation of manual machines, such as, mills, lathes, saws, and different grinders.
- Studies specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualizes product to determine materials required and machines to be used to fabricate parts.
- Plans layout and determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Measures, marks, and scribes metal stock for machining.
- Assure all safety devices are properly in place and utilized, Lockout/Tagout procedures are adhered to, PPE is worn correctly at all times, and reporting of any near-misses, injuries, or accidents occurs immediately.
- Keep work area clean and orderly to prevent safety hazards.
- Assure adherence to quality policies and procedures including acceptable work standards, customer specifications and IPI requirements, to also include participation in the creation and support of systems, documentation and actions to ensure continued conformance to Quality (IATF) and Environmental (ISO) management systems.
- Observe and follow company policies and maintain proper standards of conduct at all times.
- All other duties needed to help drive to our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization’s Values.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a tool room within a manufacturing environment required.