Job Description Summary
Commercial Banking Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) has a crucial role as a strategic partner to Commercial Banking leaders, business management and senior stakeholders across Corporate Finance by providing quality analysis and reporting that generate insights into business trends and economics.
The Commercial Banking is comprised of $60B in assets and $35B in deposits and provides lending, deposits, treasury management, payments, and capital market products and services to business clients across our footprint and a diverse set of industries.
The Finance Segment/Region Liaison will be responsible for driving Commercial-wide deliverables across earnings, revenue/expense/balance sheet resource analyses and competitor reporting, as well as coordination of projects to support Commercial covering all businesses and functions. This role will report to the Sr. Consolidations Finance Manager of Commercial Banking.
Job Description - Details
· Lead monthly general ledger pre-close process
· Research and document variances
· Partner with Corporate Accounting to ensure appropriate G/L entries are prepared and posted
· Prepare written variance analysis and present verbally to stakeholders
· Lead financial forecasting and budgeting process
· Manage the annual budgeting and monthly/weekly forecasting process
· Develop and maintain financial reporting & analysis tools
· Lead personnel planning including coordination with Human Resources liaison to ensure forecast aligns with hiring plans
· Manage business performance reporting and communications
· Prepare and deliver regular and ad-hoc reports with written commentary and analysis on business performance
· Ensure consistent delivery of data and information that supports written and verbal reporting
· Develop materials for business communications
· Govern financial reporting hierarchies
· Partner with Strategy, Investor Relations, Finance and Business functions on various reporting and analytical needs for financial data
· Drive relevant analysis to aid Commercial Leaders in strategic decision making
· Identify and analyze profitability drivers and work with manager to create recommendations to stakeholders
· Perform peer analysis to identify current competitive position and identify current progress toward strategic plan
· Support merger and acquisition (M&A) and other ad-hoc growth initiatives through financial analytics
Basic Qualifications :
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (Finance, Economics, Math, Accounting, etc.)
· Minimum 2-5 years of experience in financial support roles
· Knowledge of Commercial Banking
· Finance experience in the financial services industry
· Proficiency in Excel, Essbase / Smart View, SAS desired
· Able to multi-task effectively, be a self-starter, and be able to handle stress with composure and professionalism
· Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interface with many levels of management
· Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with an understanding of the concept of materiality (i.e., knows when information is relevant)
· Ability to proactively manage issues and assignments and move work forward with limited direction
· Capable of managing changing priorities with ease and poise
Exempt Status: (Yes = not eligible for overtime pay) (No = eligible for overtime pay)
Huntington is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Practice: Visit Huntington's Career Web Site for more details.
Agency Statement: Huntington does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters for any position