Are you interested in working for a family-owned company with a solid reputation for quality and a track record of internal advancement opportunities?
Apply now to join the Ranger Die team as a Press Operator on night shift. We're equally interested in candidates who are looking for a long term position as a press operator and those who are looking for the first step toward a future career in CNC, die building, or die design.
Preference given to candidates with metal stamping press experience, especially with changeovers.
Night shift runs from 4:30 pm to 3:00 am, Monday through Thursday and employees on night shift receive a 10% premium.
The primary function of the Press Operator I is to run a brake press, or an automatic press with assistance, to produce parts that meet specifications, while meeting productivity standards set by the Stamping Manager. The Press Operator I may also perform support functions for automatic presses such as inspecting and boxing parts.
- Make parts to specifications to meet customer needs for quality and quantity.
- Complete die changeovers with assistance.
- Update production log daily.
- Ensure that lots/heats/quantity and claims for parts and steel are accurate and complete, both in Global Shop and Smart Pack.
- Inspect parts during production runs for scratches, scores, or dings; record and report quality issues to the Stampings Manager or Quality Manager.
- Detect and report problems (defective materials, questionable conditions, etc.) that would prevent the completion of duties or contribute to poor quality or defective parts.
- Perform & document preventive maintenance of dies, including replacing details under the direction of the Stamping Manager.
- Maintain the work area, equipment, and tools in a clean and orderly condition and follow prescribed safety regulations.
- Load parts in boxes/bins/drums as required and label with correct part and quantity.
- Complete coil changes, scrap removal; prepare shipping containers; obtain oil as needed; plan ahead to keep the press running; comply with procedures for scrap.
- Operate powered industrial truck (forklift) as needed to complete duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent
Experience - none
License(s)/Registration(s)/Certification(s) - must be able to successfully complete training to receive permits for both forklifts and overhead cranes
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities - basic math skills; ability to read and write English; ability to judge spatial relationships and use logic (common sense); basic mechanical inclination; ability to work well with minimal direct supervision, ability to work well with others; effective time management skills
Ranger Die offers a benefit package for eligible full time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; flexible spending account; 401k; and paid time off.
Experienced employees are eligible to apply for advancement to Press Operator II after meeting minimum requirements; the internal pay range for Press Operator II is $18.30 - 23.95).