The Customer Experience organization is currently seeking a highly skilled, solutions-oriented Warranty Recovery Intern to join the Powertrain team in a hybrid position. This is a year-round part-time (24 hours per week) internship and the intern will split their time between home, CTC and the Quality Engineering Center in Auburn Hills.
The Warranty Recovery Student Program is responsible for the pursuit of fair and equitable cost recovery from our supplier partners. The selected candidate must be high-energy, hands-on individual with strength of convictions and the ability to communicate clearly to multiple organizations. Additionally, this person must have unquestioned integrity.
Specific responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
* Develop and present conclusive assessments of problem responsibilities
* Gather complete and timely internal supporting documentation including root cause and supporting corrective actions
* Interface with various internal departments to develop cases and present to suppliers gaining concurrence of responsible costs
* Support negotiations with suppliers to overcome resistance and gain appropriate recovery of costs
* Plan, prioritize, set goals, and manage multiple projects in a technical and business environment using a wide scope of warranty, financial, purchasing, and vehicles systems
* Strong communication skills to support meetings.
* Exhibit a willingness to do things differently and consistently translate ideas into actions that deliver results
* Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a team environment.
Pursuing bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technical field.
Strong communication and presentation skills to support meetings
Microsoft Office suite proficiency
Ability to work 24 hours per week, year-round
Currently a Freshman, Sophomore or Junior at an accredited university at the time of hire
GPA of 3.0 or higher (based on a 4.0 scale)
Previous internship within a quality function
Strong data analysis skills Proficient in using Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Strong interest in the automotive industry and new technologies
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to work in a team environment
Must exhibit strong leadership characteristic
Creative and innovative thinking
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.