Ast Inst/Inst/Ast Prof/Asc Prof/Prof Fixed Term
The MSU College of Nursing invites applications for part-time teaching positions of Assistant Instructor/Instructor/Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor. The College of Nursing promotes the health of individuals and communities through excellent educational programs to prepare nurse leaders for practice, research and education. These are academic year or one semester, part-time, fixed-term faculty positions. The position's primary responsibility is clinical teaching in a variety of healthcare settings while providing educational oversight to nursing students. Collaboration with College of Nursing faculty, administrators, agency staff and students is expected. Assignments are based in East Lansing and a variety of mid- and south Michigan locations. All clinical specialties are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Nursing or related field
- DNP or PhD in Nursing or related field for the ranks of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor. or Professor.
- Master's degree in Nursing is required for the rank of Instructor.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing is required for the rank of Assistant Instructor.
- Unrestricted RN license without probationary status (or eligible).
- Knowledge of current clinical standards of patient care in practice specialty which support patient quality outcomes.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in specialty area.
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience.
- Baccalaureate or higher education teaching experience is desired.
Required Application Materials
Curriculum vitae and cover letter
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Applications will be reviewed as needed.
Summary of Physical Demands
- Ability to lift over 25 lbs.
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other bodily fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions.
- TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a healthcare setting or have potential exposure to animals or to specimens with Mycobacterium.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.