Assistant/Associate/Full Professor - Tenure System
Michigan State University actively promotes a dynamic research and learning environment in which qualified individuals of differing perspectives, and cultural backgrounds pursue academic goals with mutual respect and shared inquiry. Academic and research integrity along with ethical behavior are expected of all faculty in the College of Nursing.
The College of Nursing invites applications for the position of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the Tenure System faculty appointment system. Position responsibilities include obtaining and maintaining and established program of funded extramural and interdisciplinary research; being a published nursing scholar; teaching across undergraduate and graduate nursing education including area(s) of expertise; outreach and community service and active involvement with college and university committees. The position also requires a strong commitment to student mentorship across the undergraduate and graduate nursing programs. Applicant's research should enhance or compliment current College of Nursing concentrations in illness prevention and health promotion, or self/symptom management of chronic conditions. The appointment of academic rank and salary are dependent on evidence of research, teaching and scholarship achievements. This is an academic year faculty position.
MSU College of Nursing values diversity as a core tenet of the work we do and the populations we serve. We are an equal opportunity employer, indiscriminate of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other protected characteristic.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Doctorate -Nursing or related field
- PhD in Nursing or related field; Masters degree in Nursing is required if PhD is not in Nursing
- Unrestricted RN license without probationary status (or eligible)
- Record of success in acquiring and sustaining national extramural funding
- Record of peer-reviewed publications and presentations; minimum of two per year post-doctorate
- Teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level in nursing or related field
- Demonstrated record of advising and mentoring students
- Commitment to scholarly work to enhance practice, policy and education
- National and/or regional presentations in area of research
- Demonstrated ability to establish a strong interdisciplinary research team
- Experience in collaborative and team relationships in teaching
- Meet criteria for appointment as an Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in the tenure track at Michigan State University College of Nursing
- Record of funding during doctoral program preferred
Required Application Materials
Curriculum vitae, cover letter and the names of three (3) professional references
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Review of applications will continue until the position has been filled.
Review of Applications Begins On
Summary of Health Risks
- Exposure to human blood, serum, tissue and other body fluids; and materials covered under Universal Precautions
- TB risk or work within 3 feet of human patients in a health care setting or have potential exposure to animals or to specimens with Mycobacterium
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
The College of Nursing is committed to the land grant philosophy and our relationship with the community. We are busy working to achieve our strategic priorities in the areas of:
- Community Outreach
Across off of these priority areas we seek to increase appreciation for diversity and incorporate the value of inclusion into our College.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.