Based in the Secchia Center in Grand Rapids and representing the Advancement Office in the College of Human Medicine, this position will be responsible for providing administrative support and handling project management tasks that support the fundraising and alumni engagement unit of the college; specific job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assisting with donor/prospect identification, tracking, screening, and preparation for meetings; prospect and portfolio reporting needs; event coordination, support, and logistics; general support of office administration and coordination; and other duties as assigned to carry out the mission of the Advancement Office in the College of Human Medicine at Michigan State University.
Top candidates will demonstrate the ability to work well under pressure, provide excellent customer service, convey professionalism and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Provide administrative support for the college’s Advancement Team (30%)
- Provide support to the Sr. Director and other gift officers in making travel arrangements, preparing for donor meetings and events, and completing travel reimbursements.
- Scheduling and calendaring of internal and external meetings
- Assist with preparation and follow-up for prospect and donor meetings, including, assembly of meeting materials, meeting itineraries, data, contact report and proposal entry
- Assist Sr. Director in establishing short and long term budget planning and yearly budget allocations
- Assists in development of annual Operating Plan
- Authorizes, monitors, and approves purchasing card expenses
- Tracks and regularly provides updated information for accounts and contacts, including allocation code list, departmental directories, unit contact list, development officer contact lists, etc.
Oversee data and related communication projects for the Advancement Team (30%)
- Oversee the process for tracking charitable gifts received in the college
- Prepare various reports for team and leadership meetings
- Update address information for alumni, donor and prospect records in the Advance database system, prepare mailing lists, maintain CHM alumni, VIP and top donor lists, request appeal codes, allocation codes, and develop fundraising reports as needed.
- Provides contact report, proposals and other data entry following donor meetings and advancement events
- Serve as a resource for departmental support staff regarding issues related to unit endowments, stewardship, retrieval and use of alumni data and other questions as they arise related to advancement
- Assist with prospect research for building engagement and cultivation strategies, including, identifying alumni/development prospects audiences, using various Advancement software tools; researching for biographical and business information on prospects, and gathering donor giving history
- Assists with upkeep of iModules event registration and distribution queries and also use of iModules communication system
- Retrieval of CHM endowment and scholarship account balances as needed
Provide support for donor and prospect identification, engagement, cultivation and stewardship (30%)
- Assists staff with gift agreements and endowment agreements for the unit.
- Coordinate with the office of Finance and Endowments in University Advancement to ensure that endowment agreements proceed in a timely manner through the entire process.
- Coordinate the entire list of Endowments and Expendable agreements for CHM to ensure that all funds are being spent in an appropriate manner.
- Acts as a host to donors and invited guests at events and in the college. Donor cultivation and stewardship activity includes meeting and greeting donors and guests and addressing questions and concerns.
- Prepares donor and prospect briefing papers and Advancement guest itineraries
- Assists fundraising staff with the development and preparation of proposals, stewardship reports and other support materials for prospects and donors.
- Assists with management of memento distribution and delivery.
Assist with advancement events and activities for the college (10%)
- Researching, planning, implementation and execution of advancement events, including but not limited to the alumni engagement events, donor meetings and events.
- Assists with careful follow-up and strategic next steps after events.
- Maintains event attendee registration and record tracking
- Assists with administrative support of College alumni board.
Software required: Microsoft (MS) Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point
Software strongly preferred: MS OneNote, MS Teams, MS Sharepoint, MS Access, Salesforce Advance, Cognos Analytics (CARL) reporting tool, EBS Systems at MSU,
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which would normally be acquired by completing a four-year college program in Communications, Public Relations, or Marketing; up to six months of related work experience in professional fundraising, public relations, marketing, event planning or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge of donor identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship processes that would normally be acquired by working in a development office for a minimum of two or more years; possession of a valid vehicle operator’s license; experience in public speaking and professional writing; demonstrates a work orientation that includes problem solving, teamwork and adaptability to change; displays a great attention to detail; demonstrates a work orientation that includes problem solving, seeing the bigger picture, forecasting potential trouble spots, taking initiative, and a dedication to continuous self-improvement; this position requires professionalism, confidentiality and the ability to communicate clearly and work collaboratively at all times.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Bidding eligibility ends on 1/31/24 at 11:55 PM