At AAM, the POWER is in our people. We believe that an equitable and inclusive workplace benefits everyone and that the diversity of our Associates drives creativity and innovation. Our global team of associates is made of dreamers, doers and innovators who are Bringing the Future Faster by Delivering POWER for a safer, brighter and more sustainable tomorrow.
As a member of #TeamAAM, you'll get to make a difference on day one. You'll have the opportunity to grow, embrace challenges, build your skills and bring your authentic self to work every day, all while helping to shape the future of mobility for AAM...and the world.
Job Posting TitleProduction Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Job Description SummaryDirectly supervises hourly associates and directs resources as required. Oversees the planning, scheduling, setup, and running of production activities. Manages the dispersal and distribution of materials for production. Maintains labor and material requirements to meet the daily production schedule. Oversees the work of production associates and coordinates with leaders of production support staff; communicates expectations and provides direction and training. Monitors work performance and provides feedback. Coordinates maintenance of production equipment. Oversees process control and quality process control.
* Supervises production associate outcomes by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining associates; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
* Maintains production processes by observing process volumes; recommending process adjustments.
* Completes production processes by monitoring progress; expediting material flow and work results; resolving problems.
* Improves process workflow by eliminating stoppages; analyzing delays; testing new methods.
* Records production by completing daily shift production reports; calculating yields and recoveries.
* Maintains process flow by communicating production status, requirements, and problems to next shift.
* Maintains working relationship with union, where applicable, by complying with the terms of the (CBA).
* Maintains safe, secure, and healthy production process environment by adhering to organization standards and policies, and to legal regulations; alerting others regarding potential concerns.
* Contributes to production process and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
* All other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
Bachelors Degree preferred
Five years of automotive manufacturing preferred
About American Axle & Manufacturing
As a leading global Tier 1 Automotive and Mobility Supplier, AAM (NYSE: AXL) designs, engineers and manufactures Driveline and Metal Forming technologies to support electric, hybrid and internal combustion vehicles. Headquartered in Detroit with over 80 facilities in 18 countries, AAM is bringing the future faster for a safer and more sustainable future. We work together to support our customers on global and regional platforms with a focus on quality, operational excellence and technology leadership.
With our global footprint, we are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the unique voices of our diverse workforce. Be part of the future with #TeamAAM.
For the Disabled Job Seeker: We offer reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled individuals who are applicants for employment. To request assistance or accommodations, please e-mail TalentAcquisition@aam.com . AAM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per AAM policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that AAM will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
AAM will not discriminate against any Associate or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law. AAM will take affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and that Associates are treated equally during employment, without regard to their age, race, color, gender, religion, weight, height, marital status, sexual orientation, genetic history or information, gender identity or expression, disability, protected veteran status, national origin, or other characteristic protected by law.