Job TitleHVAC Technician
Job Description SummaryUnder minimal supervision, isolate, and repair most problems with the HVAC equipment. In addition, make recommendations as to the type of HVAC equipment to be installed, as well as be involved in the actual design and installation of this equipment. Also, coordinate and direct the work of outside contractors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Troubleshoot HVAC equipment and controls using the Building Automation system (BAS) to determine problems and perform necessary repairs. All work is to be done in a neat and workmanlike manner and according to the applicable building, mechanical and electrical codes.
2) Maintain HVAC and BAS equipment on an ongoing basis as part of TMS's Preventive Maintenance program. This will require weekly and monthly inspections of equipment and good record keeping ability.
3) Make recommendations for the improvement of the operation of the existing HVAC systems and design/layouts for future HVAC systems.
4) Assist in the on the job training of HVAC mechanics and trainees.
5) Install minor ductwork, refrigeration piping, air conditioning units, and exhaust equipment.
6) Repair and maintain kitchen equipment such as walk-in coolers, freezers, refrigerators, and ice makers, plus perform general maintenance on equipment and machinery including, air compressors and dryers as required.
7) Perform other related duties as assigned such as shoveling snow, assisting other tradesmen and emergency repairs.
8) Required to be on a rotating stand by schedule with other HVAC mechanics for emergency coverage.
9) Work on critical computer room units, lab air conditioning units, environmental chambers, fume hoods and kitchen equipment.
10) Troubleshoot and repair complex electronic, pneumatic and DDC controls.
11) Repair and maintain 20 ton and above VAV units, centrifugal chillers, gas and oil fired boilers.
12) Design, layout and install new HVAC equipment and systems with minimum supervision.
OTHER ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / DUTIES:
1. Ensures compliance with all company / customer regulations, policies, and procedures.
2. Achieve performance expectations set forth as part of performance appraisals to include employee development planning.
3. Communications with all team members to support the development of short and long range planning in support of the company's goals and objectives
4. Maintain personal tools required for your job to include an up to date documented personal tool lists. Required tool listing to be supplied as part of employment.
5. Perform assigned tasks in a safe, effective, and efficient manner.
6. Accurate and timely administrative duties to include, but not limited to, time accounting and work order completion.
7. Must maintain positive customer and employee relations.
REQUIREMENTS (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Education and/or Experience):
1) Must be well versed in HVAC and electrical codes and have the ability to plan and organize HVAC work. Must hold Type 1 and Type 2 or Universal Type EPA Section 608 Technician Certification and have knowledge of all tools required to perform necessary work.
2) Must understand vague and implicit instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people. Is frequently called upon to handle difficult situations.
3) Must be able to analyze many variables and choose the most effective course of action for the organization at any given point in time. Must handle novel and diverse work problems on a daily basis.
4) Occasional high stress work may require dealing with customers/clients. Must be able to deal with a variety of emotions and frustrations in making business decisions. Must be able to resolve problems, handle conflict, and make effective decisions under pressure. Must have a long attention span in order to listen to people, per-ceive the real problems, and bring issues to a successful conclusion.
5) Must be able to accurately code data, including operation of a PDA (Personal Data Assistant), be knowledgeable in office procedures, and able to answer questions in a professional and friendly manner.
6) Requires customer contact and excellent interpersonal skills. Must be able to make effective decisions in manager's absence.
7) Emotional stability and personal maturity are important attributes in this position.
SAFETY - PERFORM WORK SAFELY WITHOUT INJURY: Utilize all safety practices appropriate to the work being done. Attend, pay attention and participate in safety meetings and training. Observe and report safety violations. Use fall protection equipment and work on elevated areas.
PROCESSING PAPERWORK TIMELY and COMPLETELY: Submit work orders with time, comments, and signature on day work is completed. Fill out purchase requisition for all purchases.
CUSTOMER SATISFACTION - CREATE SATISFACTION WITH WORK PERFORMED : Perform work requested in time allotted. Communicate the completion of the work.
EDUCATIONAL (Vocational and Technical Included)
High school plus technical/vocational school training.
EXPERIENCE (Special Skills Included)
Minimum Five (5) years experience as a HVAC mechanic and pipe fitter/service technician having performed work on industrial and commercial HVAC equipment and systems.
While not a requirement a valid "Operating Engineer's License" is a plus
Specific working knowledge of the following Equipment is a plus
* "Marley" cooling towers
* "York" chillers
* "Trane" air handlers
* "Trane" BAS and control systems
WORKING CONDITIONS... For full info follow application link.
C&W Services is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative? Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.