Grand Rapids, MI, US, 49501
At STERIS, we help our Customers create a healthier and safer world by providing innovative healthcare and life science product and service solutions around the globe.
This Repair Technician will service Customers in Michigan! You do not have to have previous instrument repair experience to be considered - we will train you!
Click this to take a peek at the truck and the work you could be doing to help STERIS create a safer, healthier world!
This is a remote based customer facing position. To support and service our customers in this assigned territory candidates must be based out of one of the following state(s): Michigan
This role requires daily travel by driving a company vehicle. If offered this position, STERIS will run a 7-year driving record check as part of our onboarding process.
* Perform basic to intermediate inspection and repairs on surgical instrumentation using grinding wheels, buffing wheels, various hand and power tools, soldering, etc. Complexity of repairs and level of intricacy will vary. Strong manual dexterity, attention to detail andwillingness to learn will help you be successful in this role.
* You will work in the field on a mobile repair truck, inside a repair lab or inside a hospital, based on the needs of the Customer within the assigned territory. You must be able to sit/stand for an extended period of time. If assigned to a truck, you must be comfortable working in a small mobile workspace with others.
* While primarily working inside a mobile repair truck, frequent trips inside the hospital are required. Weather conditions may vary.
* Provide support various locations within assigned territory depending on the service agreements, Customer needs, and staffing levels.
What can STERIS offer you?
* Extensive hands-on training and development
* Growth opportunities within STERIS
* Competitive pay and monthly incentive opportunity
* Medical, vision, dental, life insurance, 401(k) with a company match, tuition assistance, and paid vacation time and paid holidays
* Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience*
* Must be able to meet flexible schedules with early/late hours and occasional overnight/out of state travel, based on Customer and business needs.
* Must be able to pass a DOT medical/ physical exam and comply with all DOT regulations.
* Must have a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record (CDL not required) and maintain required vaccines.
* Ability to drive DOT regulated vehicle and conduct basic box truck safety checks.
* Must be at least 21 years old to meet the FMCSA age requirement for commercial interstate driving.
* Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times and push instrument carts ranging from 10-150 pounds at times.
* Must be able to be compliant with hospital/customer credentialing requirements
What is relevant work experience?
Hands-on repair, assembly, or product testing and use of small hand tools is a plus. Small engine repair, cell phone and electronics repair, testing, or re-builds, carpentry, circuit board assembly and repair, sterile processing, industrial sewing, and jewelry repair. Maintenance, construction, and automotive repair can also be relevant to this role.
Why is the Repair Technician role crucial to our business and our Customers?
When stainless surgical instruments are sharpened and working properly, surgeons can focus on providing the best care for their patients. STERIS offers a variety of repair solutions to meet the needs of the Customer including onsite mobile repair services, in house repair lab services, or one of five national repair centers.
High School Diploma or GED
STERIS is a leading global provider of products and services that support patient care with an emphasis on infection prevention. WE HELP OUR CUSTOMERS CREATE A HEALTHIER AND SAFER WORLD by providing innovative healthcare, life sciences and dental products and services. STERIS is a $5 billion, publicly traded (NYSE: STE) company with approximately 17,000 associates and Customers in more than 100 countries.
If you need assistance completing the application process, please call 1 . This contact information is for accommodation inquiries only and cannot be used to check application status.
STERIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity and the use of affirmative action programs to ensure that persons are recruited, hired, trained, transferred and promoted in all job groups regardless of race, color, religion, age, disability, national origin, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, and any other category protected by federal, state or local law. We are not only committed to this policy by our status as a federal government contractor, but also we are strongly bound by the principle of equal employment opportunity.
The full affirmative action program, absent the data metrics required by * 60-741.44(k), shall be available to all employees and applicants for employment for inspection upon request. The program may be obtained at your location's HR Office during normal business hours.
This is a remote based customer facing position. To support and service our customers in this assigned territory candidates... For full info follow application link.
STERIS Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or religion or other legally protected status.