Securatech/Securatech Guard Services is a certified Veteran Friendly Employer with the Michigan Veteran Affairs Agency. Veterans, Military Spouses, Reservists, and National Guardsmen are encouraged to apply.
REPORTS TO: Talent Acquisition and Development Manager
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be responsible for a variety of recruitment and onboarding tasks including but not limited to connecting with potential candidates online and offline, screening applications, and supporting the Talent Acquisition and Development Manager.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist reports to the Talent Acquisition and Development Manager and serves as a member of the Recruitment team. The position participates with the other members of the administration team to chart the direction of the organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in creating and publishing job ads on various portals
- Screen resumes and job applications
- Conduct initial phone screens to create a shortlist of qualified candidates
- Assist with interviewing candidates in-person or by phone
- Send pre-recorded interview invitations when needed
- Track hiring metrics including time-to-hire, time-to-fill, and source of hire
- Follow up with candidates throughout the hiring process
- Collect pre-employment paperwork
- Assist with onboarding new employees
- Maintain database of potential candidates for future job openings
- Participate in weekly recruitment meetings
- Other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- 1—3 years prior experience as a Recruitment Specialist, Recruiter, or similar role
- Experience with Indeed, applicant tracking systems, and HRIS platforms
- Positive attitude along with a willingness to learn.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
You must be motivated, engaged, ambitious, and looking to build a long-term career. You must be prepared to work as part of a team, acting quickly and professionally as you respond to urgent, potentially stressful situations. You must also display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as you will interact with a variety of clients, and staff in addition to external visitors.
Please note: Hire for this position is contingent upon successful completion of a thorough background check, including criminal, motor vehicle, credit and education history, and previous work experience/references.
Minimum requirements to become a Talent Acquisition Specialist are as follows:
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Able to provide proof that you are eligible to work in the US.
- Speak, read, and write English.
- Be able to pass a background investigation.
- Proven recruitment experience
- Good understanding of office management and recruitment principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, HRIS platforms and online applications.
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- High School diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to move up to 20 pounds at a time.