Job ID 1622
December 20, 2023
Department: Student Records
Employee Group: https://www.grcc.edu/sites/default/files/docs/humanresources/meet_confer_handbook_2020-03.pdf
Schedule: Full Time, Exempt
Reports to: Associate Provost of Instructional Support & Institutional Planning
Posting Closes: Open Until Filled with weekly review beginning the first week of January 2024
The Registrar serves as the College's lead over all aspects of student registration and information. The Registrar provides leadership with regard to course scheduling and calendar recommendations, registration systems and graduation tools, facilitating student transfer credit, Veterans Benefits, and the Veterans Center. This role serves as GRCC's FERPA compliance officer and, in doing so, supports faculty and staff professional development with regard to training and resources related to FERPA. This is a highly complex role that supports college-wide operations and student information data systems that directly impact student transfer and graduation success. The Registrar reports directly to the Associate Provost of Instructional Support & Institutional Planning.
• Lead the development and maintenance of the college registration and enrollment system.
• Lead the development and maintenance of student record data and curriculum operations, which includes the integrity of the structures and coding of the student information system (registration, record creation and maintenance, distribution of official college records, grading, incoming transcript collection and evaluation, add/drop records, grade/enrollment verification, graduation application processing, transcript dissemination, degree audit system, and academic credential documents).
• Lead the coordination and timeline development of College course scheduling with School Deans' Offices.
• Serve as primary liaison with faculty, department chairs/program directors, Associate Deans, and other college staff on course scheduling.
• Provide direct support to the Provost's Office with regards to the annual academic calendar.
• Lead the use of specialized computer application programs used for electronic transcripts, registration and enrollment, and degree audits.
• Lead the day-to-day operations of the Student Records and Veteran Services offices and all processes related to registration, enrollment, and completion, including semester schedule rolls, rooming, and schedule monitoring to verify the accuracy of the semester course schedule. Systems supported include:
• Directly hire, schedule, train, set performance expectations, evaluate, and supervise the work and responsibilities of the Student Records, Veteran Services, and Veterans Center staff and student workers.
• Oversee the implementation of and compliance with VA Principles of Excellence and MVAA Michigan Veteran Friendly Schools program.
• Serve as the Budget Control Officer for Student Records, Commencement, Academic Pathways, and area-related grant budgets.
• Lead compliance efforts to ensure accuracy and security for all student records in accordance with FERPA and FSA data security requirements.
• Lead compliance initiatives related to FERPA, FSA School Cyber Safety (student record incidents), NSLDS enrollment reporting and annual single OMB circular a-133 audit for enrollment reporting, VA Principles of Excellence, and subpoena compliance.
• Direct and manage all student-level reporting responsibilities under the Office of Student. Records/Registrar, including NSLDS enrollment reporting, FOIA response (student data), CEPI STARR, State Approving Agency (VA), Michigan Veteran-Friendly Schools, and NSC Postsecondary Data Partnership.
• Oversee the development/ongoing review and implementation of student, staff, and faculty communication plans related to FERPA, registration, and Student Records-related institutional policies.
• Oversee the annual commencement for graduates of the School of Business & Industry, School of Workforce Training, School of Health Sciences, School of Liberal Arts, and School of STEM. This includes coordination with the President's, GRCC Foundation, Communications, and Media Technologies Offices. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to campus communication, commencement budget oversight, and commencement committee co-leadership.
• Respond to non-routine inquiries and resolve complex problems pertaining to enrollment, registration, attendance, residency, graduation requirements, and other related areas.
• Serve as primary liaison with faculty, department chairs/program directors, Associate Deans, and other college staff on attendance, records, and related matters.
• Proactively coordinate with various academic, administrative, and service offices/committees to facilitate and ensure responsive, user-friendly services and functions in areas related to student registration, transfer, credit enrollment, progression, reverse transfer, graduation, and other functions related to College policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Regular attendance during normal scheduled hours is required. Being present is essential for serving customers and performing the essential functions of this position.
• Master's Degree in Education, Administration or related field required
• Minimum of seven years of higher education administrative experience in student service or higher education academic related area required. Student records experience preferred.
• Experience and knowledge with an enterprise student information system required
• Knowledge of Registrar-related functions, processes, and laws governing student records including enrollment reporting and FERPA required
• Supervisory experience preferred
To view the full job posting & to apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4963317
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.