Job Title: Accounting Technician-Accounts Payable
Reports to: Controller
Salary Range: $18.15 to $25.42 per hour/ ($37,759 to $52,863) Annually
Opens: January 25, 2024
Closes: February 16, 2024
SUMMARY: Main duty is responsibility for accounts payable processing, including but not limited to processing purchase orders and invoices for payments, ensuring timely administration of check run schedule, oversight of check processing and disbursement of checks. Other duties may include responsibility for technician duties in payroll, purchasing or receiving, as assigned. Assists in various activities relating to the need to the needs of the LTBB Accounting Department. Provides assistance to Accounting Department staff and other administrative functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter invoices.
- Transfer approved and finalized purchase orders from the purchasing software to the accounting software.
- Select invoices for payment.
- Compose accounts payable reports. Setup Excel spreadsheets for billings purposes/tracking.
- Maintain accounts payable files, hard copy and electronic.
- Review check request forms for proper authorization and accuracy.
- Issue and disburse checks to appropriate vendors and/or departments.
- Prepare and import Per Capita files, ensure and assist in the proper disbursement of Per Capita payments.
- Reconcile the government accounts to the appropriate funding codes, including but not limited to, monthly credit card, cellular, fuel, and office supply charges.
- Assist with copier charge codes and reports.
- Assist with vendors in accounting system, including reconciling 1099’s and IRS B notices.
- Assist with reconciling bank statements.
- Track and reconcile travel advances to closeouts and monthly credit cards statements.
- Prepares routine professional correspondence including emails, memorandums and phone calls.
- Conduct research and compile data for verification and reporting as necessary.
- Maintain confidentiality of all files and accounts of the LTBB Accounting Department.
- Assist payroll, purchasing and receiving as necessary.
- Assist in administering financial policies and procedures in a fair and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED is required. Five years of experience working in a professional office environment performing computer-based tasks in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel is required. One year of experience using a purchasing or accounting software is required. Preference will be given for experience performing invoice/data entry into a recognized accounting software. Preference will be given for an Associate’s degree (A.A.) in Accounting or college classes in Accounting.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have at least five years of experience working in a professional office environment. Must be able to pass a test on alphabetic filing. Must be a team player, with excellent customer service and written communication skills. Must have an excellent work history with an excellent attendance record. Must be proficient with computer skills, with at least five years of experience using Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel and at least one year of experience using a purchasing or accounting software. Preference will be given to those with experience performing invoice/data entry into a recognized accounting software and are able to demonstrate that experience. Must have excellent clerical and organizational skills with an attention to detail. Must have excellent mathematical skills and demonstrate the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, percentages and decimals.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Professional, fast paced and multi-tasking environment.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid Michigan driver’s license, reliable transportation and be insurable for duration of employment.
COMMENTS: Indian preference will apply. Position is contingent upon passing a thorough background check.