Metro Health (now the University of Michigan Health-West) is looking for Anesthesia Care Support Technician - Anesthesiology * Days - 40 hours/week.
Under the direction of licensed anesthesia care providers, the Anesthesia technician provides support to anesthesia and surgical team members to prepare the anesthesia equipment for procedures performed in the Operating room and other areas in the hospital. This role assists with the smooth flow of patient care in the OR and other clinical areas as it relates to the provision of anesthesia care services.
High school graduate or GED.
Knowledge of sterile technique and surgery case set is preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.
Self-directed and ability to organize and multi-task to assist the needs of those being supported by this role.
Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Planning: Begins each shift with planning needs for the entire shift.
- Organization: Directs self in organization to complete all duties for the shift.
- Safety: Follows all policies and procedures to maintain safety of patients and staff.
- Safety: Completes safety checks on all equipment utilized in the care of the patient receiving anesthesia prior to its use in all areas where anesthesia services are provided.
- Patient Care Assistance: Under direction of anesthesia care provider, assists with patient care needs during preoperative anesthesia preparation and intubation.
- Cleaning: Performs cleaning responsibilities of Anesthesia equipment in all areas where anesthesia care is provided.
- Inventory control: Completes routine and between case stocking of anesthesia supplies in all areas where anesthesia services are provided.
- Transportation: Performs transportation of anesthesia equipment and instruments, as well as patients as needed.
- Professional growth: Participates in continuing education and in-service programs related to achieving and/or maintaining competency in assigned skills and enhancing team functioning and effectiveness.
- Communication: Utilizes effective communication tools to keep members of the anesthesia care team, updated on status of equipment and supplies throughout the shift.