Loc Performance Products, LLC
provides full services for complex mechanical products, fabricated structures and systems that range from complete design services to prototype manufacturing, testing, production launch, full rate production and product service and sustainment. Loc provides quality products and services at affordable prices through a lean organizational structure and four facilities, three in Michigan that span 910,000 square feet, and one in Ohio, that span 800,000+ square feet. The Plymouth, MI facility serves as corporate headquarters and specializes in suspension, driveline, and track systems. The Lansing and Lapeer Michigan based facilities specialize in fabrications and armor product solutions. Loc’s St. Mary’s, Ohio facility manufactures rubber track products for agricultural, construction, and defense industries. Visit our website at http://www.locperformance.com
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Approved Date: 10/10/2023
Approved By: Paul Menosky, COO
Job Title: Machine Operator
Summary Operates computer numerical control (CNC) mill machining centers to perform machine functions such as boring, facing, and threading parts of metallic workpieces such as castings, forgings, and bar stock by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Operate complex machinery and utilize various types of manual and CNC shop equipment to perform machining operations on materials including but not limited to steel and aluminum.
- Ability to calibrate machine prior to production and ensure machines are regularly checked and cleaned.
- Works from and in accordance with specifications and design criteria including but not limited to verbal instructions, drawings, and blueprints; performs standard shop computations relating to dimensions of work and tooling.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics and safety rules operating instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Follow all preventative maintenance and safety guidelines.
- Works to meet production goals.
- Reworks and calibrates production parts and machine tooling as required; checks each component for accuracy.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of industry, machinery, and technique.
- Provides all required reports and/or correspondence including but not limited to production and quality logs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual will need to perform the following competencies.
Quantity of Work
The quantity of work produced and the promptness with which it is completed.
Quality of Work
The ability displayed and accuracy of work produced, meeting company standards, and requiring little to no rework.
Judgement/Knowledge of Job
Knowledge of job, techniques, skills, equipment, procedures, materials, etc.
Punctuality and attendance.
Willingness and cooperativeness with co-workers and supervisors; ability to accept constructive criticism.
The degree to which an employee searches out new tasks and expands their ability to perform assigned tasks without direct supervision.
Adherence to Policy
Follow quality environmental policies and have knowledge of AS9100 and IS14001.
Adherence to Safety
Follow safety procedures, security protocol, and wear proper PPE.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent, one to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally lift up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loc Performance is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.