General Job Summary
The Deposit Support Specialist serves a vital role in the onboarding and customer support of faith-based banking clients. Primary functions include online and remote deposit account onboarding and follow up, customer assistance related to mobile and internet banking, ongoing account maintenance, and monitoring customer support related inquiries and resolutions for all deposit accounts offered by UIF Corporation through University Bank.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Provides support to faith-based banking clients with new and renewed deposit accounts opened online and remotely including account approval or denial.
- Provide support to faith-based banking clients for online and mobile banking questions, ATM/debit card and any other related account servicing needs for faith-based banking products.
- Handles incoming phone, mail or email requests related to deposit products and services.
- Document and manage lead records and actions in Velocify lead management system for faith-based banking customers.
- Collaborate with and support UIF’s CRS Team to provide exceptional customer service to faith-based banking clients and serve as a back up to the CRS team and tasks when necessary.
- Process Bank 94 account transactions including account opening and closing and other file maintenance.
- Completes partial Time Deposit withdrawals, closeouts and new account opening including account disclosures.
- Archives customer documents.
- Collaborate with the Branch for cashier’s checks requests.
- Assist clients with incoming and outgoing ACH and wire transfers requests, and initial funding questions.
- Files proper government or bank monitoring information as required.
- Contribute to project-based work as required.
- Maintain procedures for all job functions.
Other Job Functions
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Training and Work Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years Previous banking experience required.
- Fiserv banking applications experience preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Strong customer service skills.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintain & foster positive relationships with customers, business partners, and internal/external referral sources.
- Strong computer skills required such as Excel, Word, Adobe.
- Provide excellent customer service. Follows up promptly.
- Religious, cultural, and ethnic sensitivity.
- Complete all assigned training in a timely manner.
- Provide professional communication in both oral & written expression.
- Excellent organizational, time management & analytical skills.
- High degree of accuracy.
- High degree of dependability.
- Ability to manage highly confidential information.
- Ability to understand complex lending and core banking software. Ability to solve complex system maintenance problems.
Primary working environment is within an indoor climate-controlled office space and/or a private home office or some combination which will be at managements sole discretion. Employee may be subject to florescent lighting, dust, and other normal indoor allergens. Employee may work in close proximity of coworkers and occasionally independently in quiet environments.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Extended periods of sitting (at computer desk).
- Complete repetitive tasks (including operation of computer mouse/keyboard).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The hourly wage for this role ($19.00 to $22.00 per hour) takes into consideration a wide range of factors including but not limited to the duties of the role, experience, location, and certificates and/or education.
**University Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer**