General Job Summary
The Customer Relations Specialist (CRS) can be the first point of contact for prospective customers. Duties include answering inbound calls and data entry, customer follow up, responding to and transferring live leads to Financial Consultants (FC), and other project-based work. This position will be responsible for resolving customer issues and act as a liaison between customer and FC. This person will assist in managing and converting the day-to-day incoming leads from various channels and will maintain a professional company image through in-person and phone interaction.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Maintain incoming lead calls, customer service-related calls, and company info email address and voicemail box.
- Maintains a clean lobby and waiting area as required.
- Lead management/assignment and conversion of all incoming leads from all product channels documented through daily actions in Velocify lead management system.
- Customer follow up to gather complete lead data from clients and prospects (including files imported from online POS to LOS), and scheduling follow up calls, as necessary.
- Back-up Administrative Assistant for duties such as coordinating company events/training/meetings.
- Regular correspondence to UIF customers which includes follow up on post-closing surveys to both customers and real estate agents, thank you and welcome calls including feedback to sales and management, as necessary.
- Research, identify, and resolve customer complaints.
- Escalate issues to supervisor when appropriate.
- Recognize, document, and alert the management team of trends in customer calls.
- Project based work as needed.
- Serves as a back up to the deposit support team and tasks when necessary.
- Completes all assigned training in a timely manner.
- Organizing and administering customer service best practices training as requested by management.
Other Job Functions
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Education, Training and Work Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- 1-3 years of experience in a call center environment preferred.
- Knowledge of customer service practices & principles
- Excellent data entry & typing skills.
- Superior listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to speak Arabic, Bengali or Urdu fluently highly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Maintain & foster positive relationships with customers and business partners.
- Strong computer skills required such as Excel, Word, Adobe
- Provide professional communication in both oral & written expression.
- Ability to handle stressful situations appropriately.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external contacts.
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Religious, cultural, and ethnic sensitivity
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to work under deadlines, work under pressure.
Primary working environment is within an indoor climate-controlled office space and/or a private home office or some combination which will be at managements sole discretion. Employee may be subject to florescent lighting, dust, and other normal indoor allergens. Employee may work in close proximity of coworkers and occasionally independently in quiet environments.
- Able to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Extended periods of sitting (at computer desk)
- Complete repetitive tasks (including operation of computer mouse/keyboard/ phone systems)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The hourly wage for this role ($19.00 to $22.00 per hour) takes into consideration a wide range of factors including but not limited to the duties of the role, experience, location, and certificates and/or education.
**University Bank is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer**