Do you have a passion for working with children and families? MiSide is looking for compassionate, dedicated people in the Detroit Metropolitan Area who want to empower youth and families by creating strength-based behavior change that will be sustained long after treatment ends in our Multisystemic Therapist position.
In the Multisystemic Therapist role, you will receive ongoing team support, training and supervision in the Multisystemic Therapy (MST) model as you work holistically with families, youth, their communities, and other key members of their ecology to implement MST. In addition, you will empower families to address problematic behaviors and to help their youth ages 12 - 17 make life-transforming changes. Treatment progress is made through intensive interventions such as changing unhelpful family interactions, addressing the youth’s problems with peers and in school, and increasing social support, to name a few. For more information on Multisystemic Therapy, please watch this video: How Does MST Work?
As part of Children, Youth and Families Center of Excellence, the Multisystemic Therapist will provide Homebased services to youth and their families where the youth is involved in delinquent activities including problem carnal and anti-social behavior. This position is responsible for MST assessment including: review of referral information, identifying and engaging key participates, identifying systemic strengths and weaknesses, and developing an analysis of the fit of problem behaviors within the ecological context.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, and Counseling, or other mental health discipline from an accredited school preferred
- One -year experience and training in examination, evaluation and treatment of minors and their families
- Direct use of pragmatic (i.e., structural, strategic and functional) family therapies
- Experience with implementation of interventions within or between systems in the youth’s natural ecology that affect or influence the behavior of the youth (i.e., family, peer, school, and neighborhood)
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- An active State of Michigan professional license (LP, LLP, LMSW, LLMSW)
- Must Maintain 24 Hour-Child Specific Training hours Annually for CMHP Credentialing
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and have access to a private vehicle for day-to-day job performance
$52,000 to $58,000 annually (Full-Time/Union)
Full benefits package available, including: Medical/Dental/Vision Plans, Paid Time Off, 11 Paid Holidays, 403B employer matching, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance, Life & Accidental Death Insurance, and Voluntary Accident & Critical Illness Insurance.
MiSide is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.