: DMC Detroit Receiving Hospital, Michigan’s first Level I Trauma Center, helped pioneer the evolution of emergency medicine and currently has one of the busiest and most well-equipped emergency departments anywhere. The first and largest verified burn center in the state is at Receiving, and it is one of only 43 in the nation. Receiving also offers the state’s leading 24/7 hyperbaric oxygen program, Metro Detroit’s first certified primary stroke center, and the nationally recognized and accredited DMC Rosa Parks Geriatric Center of Excellence. Job Summary
The GME QI/Research Coordinator will support translating clinical needs into analytic questions, designing and conducting rigorous health-related data analyses, and translating analytical findings into actionable intelligence for our faculty and residents/fellows.
• Bachelor's degree. Master’s degree preferred.
• Two years prior research experience in area of research focus.
• Three to four years of progressively more responsible related administrative experience.
• Basic understanding of regulatory guidelines.
• Ability to utilize computer software to access and input data.
• Education in medical and science experience/education.
• Excellent written and interpersonal skills to effectively deal with patients, clinicians, administrators, regulators, and sponsors.
• Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program Certification (or equivalent).
• Collaborates with faculty and residents to stimulate scholarly productivity of faculty and residents.
• Assist multidisciplinary team in research activities.
• Schedule and participate in monitoring visits and multidisciplinary team program meetings as required.
• Coordinate/participate in the Institute Review Board (IRB) process for new protocol submissions, amendments, renewals, revisions, adverse events, and final reports.
• Assists in developing and implementing quantitative measurement systems for clinical and laboratory use.
• Assists with and participates in special projects focusing on various aspects of specialty.
• Prepares detailed reports and abstracts and participates in presentations.
• Track scholarly activity projects for the program in the residency management system.
• Oversee, mentor, and guide a dedicated team of data analysts and other research support staff.
• Ensuring compliance with federal, state, and DMC regulations, policies, procedures, and audit requirements in using patient data for research purposes.
• Contribute to developing training, tools, and process documentation for the department and assigned projects.
• Perform data analyst functions that generate knowledge via data mining, visualization, or other analytics. Serve as a resource to others performing this work. Lead the creation of best practices, resources, and tools that enable new analytical capabilities.
• Constructing and manipulating large electronic claims datasets, knowledge in domain modeling, relational database design, programming language(s), SAS, data transfer methods, electronic health record and health care claims standards, and analytical techniques used in research programs.
• Developing study designs and analytic solutions based on available data sources and timelines.
• Managing multiple projects related to various business settings and clinical needs.
• Collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to gather and analyze needs and requirements.
• Presenting data or analytic findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, graphs, figures, and tables)
• Develop and maintain a working knowledge of statistical principles and analysis considerations during research planning.
• Consult on and provide direct technical support for highly complex research projects, often requiring solutions not previously used by the project team or work group.
• Develop and maintain knowledge of terminologies and coding procedures used in research and the healthcare environment.
• Other duties as assigned