The Detroit Medical Center (DMC)
is a nationally recognized health care system that serves patients and families throughout Michigan and beyond. A premier healthcare resource, our mission is to help people live happier, healthier lives. The hospitals of the Detroit Medical Center are the Children's Hospital of Michigan, Detroit Receiving Hospital, Harper University Hospital, Hutzel Women's Hospital, the DMC Heart Hospital, Huron Valley-Sinai Hospital, the Rehabilitation Institute of Michigan and Sinai-Grace Hospital.
DMC's 150-year legacy of medical excellence and service provides patients and families world-class care in cardiovascular health, women's services, neurosciences, stroke treatment, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, organ transplant and other general and specialty services.
DMC is a key partner in Detroit's resurgence, which continues to draw national and international attention. A dedicated corporate citizen with strong community ties, DMC is one of the largest and most diverse employers in Southeast Michigan. Summary Description
Under close supervision and in accordance with established policies and procedures, supports the credentialing verification efforts of the Credentialing Verification Office (CVO) by serving as the department receptionist and performing various clerical and data entry tasks.
- Greets visitors and personnel upon arrival; ascertains needs of visitor and directs visitors to correct areas as appropriate.
- May provide limited factual information regarding department procedures. Answers the CVO general telephone line, screen and directs calls, and takes and relays messages.
- Data enters a variety of information from various source documents into the computer system to create, maintain and/or update department records or files.
- Verifies data entry activities; resolves discrepancies with source documents by contacting document originators; enters corrections into the system.
- Accesses the system to retrieve stored information.
- Scans and appends electronic attachments to the appropriate electronic file. Processes incoming and outgoing mail, according to departmental procedures. Photocopies and files documents.
- Makes recommendations to department leadership, as appropriate, on data entry procedures to increase the efficiency of operations within the defined area of responsibility.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
: Minimum Qualifications
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Six to twelve months clerical work experience. Experience in a medical affairs or credentialing office preferred. Skills Required
1. Interpersonal skills and written communication skills necessary to positively represent the department in greeting visitors, patients and personnel, answering telephone inquiries, etc.
2. Ability to perform a variety of clerical duties, including basic typing skills to data enter information and complete correspondence and forms.
3. Ability to operate automated office equipment such as fax machine, copier, personal computer, etc.
4. General knowledge of customer service principles and practices.