Medical Office Assistant Internal Med Practice FT Days Sign on Bonus available - 2406000295
: $2,500 Sign on Bonus, with required amount of relevant experience DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital is DMC’s largest hospital, offering a comprehensive heart center, cancer care, gerontology, emergency medicine, obstetrics/gynecology and cosmetic services. Sinai-Grace’s joint replacement program features a revolutionary minimally invasive knee and hip replacement surgery that attracts patients from all over the country. Sinai-Grace operates more than 21 outpatient care sites and ambulatory surgery centers throughout Wayne and Oakland Counties and is one of 10 hospitals in the nation to be awarded a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation grant to help set the standards of cardiac care for hospitals and physicians throughout the nation. Summary Description
Under general supervision, provides a wide variety of routine and specialized payroll related clerical functions. Processes and maintains payroll records for automated payroll systems for multiple operating units within the Detroit Medical Center. Prepares and processes specialized payroll calculations such as garnishments, as well as maintaining components of the payroll system such as leave of absence payments and so forth.
1. Assists in processing payrolls for all hourly & salaried employees for multiple operating units within the Detroit Medical Center.
2. Processes payroll by summarizing payroll hours from department timesheets, applying appropriate policy, calculating alternative scheduling contracts and special differentials, reviewing and validating timesheets, and distributing paychecks.
3. Conducts "file maintenance" on employee payroll and benefit records by inputting changes or uploading files (i.e. pay changes, terminations, leave of absence, additions, deductions, flexible benefits, etc.) into payroll system for processing.
4. Process specialized payroll calculations such as shared employment scheduling, special payments, retro pay adjustments, etc. Monitors employees on a LOA to ensure coding of timecards is completed and accurate processing of payroll.
5. Performs manual related payroll activities such as researching and analyzing employee data for satisfying court orders, wage verifications, unemployment, workers compensation, pensions, etc. for multiple Detroit Medical Center operating units.
6. Prepares and process manual checks for vacation, retro payments and pay adjustments. Assists with communicating tax changes to current and incoming Residents.
7. Reviews payroll results weekly and identifies and communicates inaccuracies. Takes appropriate actions to correct overpayments/shortages by processing submitted adjustments. Maintains regular contact with DMC operating units in order to resolve payroll problems.
8. Maintains regular contact with DMC operating units in order to resolve payroll problems.
9. Ability to obtain information and explain payroll policies and procedures.
10. Generates reports from various system applications and reporting writing tools.
11. Promotes guest relations & provides customer service in a courteous and timely manner. Treats others with care and respect while maintaining privacy, confidentiality and dignity.
12. As needed, recommends new and innovative approaches to ensure the highest efficiency of tasks. Makes effective and objective decisions regarding task priorities and other situations where multiple factors must be considered and weighed in order to maximize performance, accuracy, productivity, and results.
13. Maintains a professional appearance and a clean, safe environment.
: Minimum Qualifications
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Graduation from a school of practical nursing ...OR...
3. Completion of one of the following:
a. PCA/PCT Program
b. Nurse Assistant Program or equivalent training.
c. Medical Assistant Program, or six months of experience in a doctor's office or related area performing Medical Assistant duties.
d. EMT program.
e. Phlebotomy training program. Six months direct patient care experience, preferred
4. One year of previous experience performing Medical Assistant or Patient Care Associate duties.
5. One year of previous experience performing medical office clerical (e.g. insurance verification, authorizations, medical billing, EMR usage) duties in a doctor's office or related area.
6. Medical Assistant certifi