Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs Radiologic procedures for the evaluation of pathological entities as ordered by a physician. Performs related functions according to department protocols. Utilizes independent judgment in determining appropriate radiographic techniques, positioning, and safety practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Explains examination procedure to patients and prepares patient for the examination.
· Reviews clinical data on requisition and performs appropriate examination. Obtains additional information about the patient medical history as necessary.
· Prepares procedure room and regularly replenishes stock such as linen and related supplies.
· Analyzes anatomical structure of patient, sets up equipment and performs the Radiologic procedure. Manually controls the equipment to obtain the proper diagnostic information from the area of the body being studied. Utilizes patient immobilization as needed.
· May select and administer intravenous contrast media. Monitors patient for possible reactions as appropriate to the study and provides immediate care to patient if a reaction should occur.
· Performs all imaging procedures by demonstrating the principles of radiation protection: may involve shielding of patients, selection of appropriate equipment settings to reduction dose, using other ALARA techniques, etc.
· May prepare and set up sterile equipment, monitors, and supplies required for the procedure to be performed. Follows department infection control practices and techniques. Ensures the adequate supplies are on hand and properly stored. Follows department standards for performing patient care functions as required for optimal patient safety, privacy, confidentiality, comfort and legal/ethical rights.
· Completes all necessary work sheets, logs, patient records and documentation.
· When needed, assumes the responsibility of teaching/educating new hires and students while maintaining one's own responsibilities and duties.
· PACS: resolves any/all image exceptions and ensures high quality image delivery into PACS; including viewing of images into PACS, and confirming image/series counts.
· RIS: completes all study indexing; including study begin, study end, and the completion of the study in the Radiology Information System.
· Reviews and confirms as necessary with Radiologist clinical protocols before preforming study.
· Demonstrates on a consistent basis Team member standards of excellence including: AIDET, open communication, responding in a timely manner, displaying a positive attitude, fostering innovation, respecting diversity, etc.
· Performs all documentation in the medical record as necessary, as well as within the radiology information system to support all clinical and billing functions.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
· Must be registered in Radiography with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
· Must maintain the required hours of continued education.
· Healthcare Provider certification required (BCLS).
Organization: Henry Ford Hospital - Detroit Main Campus
This posting represents the major duties, responsibilities, and authorities of this job, and is not intended to be a complete list of all tasks and functions. It should be understood, therefore, that incumbents may be asked to perform job-related duties beyond those explicitly described above.
Under the leadership of President and CEO Robert G. Riney, Henry Ford Health is a $6 billion integrated health system comprised of six hospitals, a health plan, and 250+ sites including medical centers, walk-in and urgent care clinics, pharmacy, eye care facilities and other healthcare retail. Established in 1915 by auto industry pioneer Henry Ford, the health system now has 32,000 employees and remains home to the 1,900-member Henry Ford Medical Group, one of the nation's oldest physician groups. An additional 2,200 physicians are also affiliated with the health system through the Henry Ford Physician Network. Henry Ford is also one of the region's major academic medical centers, receiving between $90-$100 million in annual research funding and remaining Michigan's fourth largest NIH-funded institution. Also an active participant in medical education and training, the health system has trained nearly 40% of physicians currently practicing in the state and also provides education and training for other health professionals including nurses, pharmacists, radiology and respiratory technicians. visitHenryFord.com.
Whether it's offering a new medical option, helping you make healthier lifestyle choices or making the employee enrollment selection experience easier, it's all about choice. Henry Ford Health has a new approach for its employee benefits program - My Choice Rewards. My Choice Rewards is a program as diverse as the people it serves. There are dozens of options for all of our employees including compensation, benefits, work/life balance and learning - options that enhance your career and add value to your personal life. As an employee you are provided access to Retirement Programs, an Employee Assistance Program (Henry Ford Enhanced), Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Employee Health and Wellness, and a whole host of other benefits and services. Employee's classified as contingent status are not eligible for benefits.
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer Henry Ford Health is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, size, height, weight, marital status, family status, gender identity, sexual orientation, and genetic information, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable federal and state laws.