Safe and secured parking for employees
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs Radiologic procedures for the evaluation of pathological entities as ordered by a physician. Performs related functions according to department protocols. Utilizes independent judgment in determining appropriate radiographic techniques, positioning, and safety practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Explains examination procedure to patients and prepares patient for the examination.
· Reviews clinical data on requisition and performs appropriate examination. Obtains additional information about the patient medical history as necessary.
· Prepares procedure room and regularly replenishes stock such as linen and related supplies.
· Analyzes anatomical structure of patient, sets up equipment and performs the Radiologic procedure. Manually controls the equipment to obtain the proper diagnostic information from the area of the body being studied. Utilizes patient immobilization as needed.
· May select and administer intravenous contrast media. Monitors patient for possible reactions as appropriate to the study and provides immediate care to patient if a reaction should occur.
· Performs all imaging procedures by demonstrating the principles of radiation protection: may involve shielding of patients, selection of appropriate equipment settings to reduction dose, using other ALARA techniques, etc.
· May prepare and set up sterile equipment, monitors, and supplies required for the procedure to be performed. Follows department infection control practices and techniques. Ensures the adequate supplies are on hand and properly stored. Follows department standards for performing patient care functions as required for optimal patient safety, privacy, confidentiality, comfort and legal/ethical rights.
· Completes all necessary work sheets, logs, patient records and documentation.
· When needed, assumes the responsibility of teaching/educating new hires and students while maintaining one's own responsibilities and duties.
· PACS: resolves any/all image exceptions and ensures high quality image delivery into PACS; including viewing of images into PACS, and confirming image/series counts.
· RIS: completes all study indexing; including study begin, study end, and the completion of the study in the Radiology Information System.
· Reviews and confirms as necessary with Radiologist clinical protocols before preforming study.
· Demonstrates on a consistent basis Team member standards of excellence including: AIDET, open communication, responding in a timely manner, displaying a positive attitude, fostering innovation, respecting diversity, etc.
· Performs all documentation in the medical record as necessary, as well as within the radiology information system to support all clinical and billing functions.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
· Must be registered in Radiography with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
· Must maintain the required hours of continued education.
· Healthcare Provider certification required (BCLS).