MediLodge of Lansing is an integral part of our large MediLodge portfolio of 50 centers state-wide, which makes us a leading healthcare provider in Michigan!
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) who enjoys teaching and mentoring our next generation of nurses? We are now accepting applications for an Infection Control RN!
Serves as the coordinator of an Infection Prevention and Control Program. Coordinates and provides total nursing care for residents and provides supervision and guidance to clinical staff members in relation to Infection Prevention and Control Program. Scope of work may be modified by state specific rules under the Nurse Practice Act.
- Collecting, analyzing, and providing infection data and trends to nursing staff and health care practitioners
- Consulting on infection risk assessment, prevention, and control strategies
- Providing education and training; and implementing evidence-based infection control practices, including those mandated by regulatory and licensing agencies, and guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Oversees essential elements of a surveillance system which include :
- Use of standardized definitions and listings of the symptoms of infections, use of surveillance tools such as infection surveys and data collection templates.
- Walking rounds throughout the facility, identification of resident populations at risk for infection, identification of the processes or outcomes selected for surveillance, statistical analysis of data that can uncover an outbreak.
- Feedback of results to the primary caregivers so that they can assess the residents for signs of infection.
- Ensures the facility’s infection control reports describe the types of infections and are used to identify trends and patterns.
- Provides the facility with summaries of :
- Observations of staff practices
- The investigation of the causes of an infection and
- Identification of underlying cause(s) of infection trends.
- Defines how often and by what means surveillance data will be collected.
- Monitors practices to ensure consistent implementation of established infection prevention and control policies and procedures based on current standards of practice.
- Share surveillance reports with appropriate individuals including, but not limited to, the director of nursing and medical director.
- Because of increases in MDROs, review the use of antibiotics (including comparing prescribed antibiotics with available susceptibility reports) is a vital aspect of the infection prevention and control program.
- Monitors implementation of standard precautions that constitutes the primary strategy for preventing healthcare-associated transmission of infectious agents among residents and healthcare personnel.
- Implements transmission-based precautions for residents who are known to be, or suspected of being infected or colonized with infectious agents, including pathogens that require additional control measures to prevent transmission.
- Plans for containing outbreaks usually include efforts to prevent further transmission of the infection while considering the needs of all residents and staff.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Knowledge of training techniques for clinical staff.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Disclaimer: This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
TEXT: IC RN LAN to (833) 383-7654 to Apply
Thank you for considering a career with us!
We can’t wait to meet you!