Job Title: Business Services Specialist - 2 available openings
Location: Michigan Works! Southeast -TBD at Ann Arbor, Adrian, Hillsdale, Howell or Jackson, MI
Reports to: Business Services Manager
FLSA Status: Full-time, Non- Exempt
The Business Services Specialist builds strategic relationships with key contacts in business sector, community and educational leaders. Supports all aspects of apprenticeship grants including coordinating, implementing and managing registered apprenticeship programs. Engages in long term sector strategy TPM (Talent Pipeline Management) development and Workforce Development (WFD) projects. Brings MWSE to the forefront of business-related sector strategy engagement and positions MWSE as a leader in the facilitation of USDOL apprenticeship program opportunities. The Business Services Specialist directly represents Michigan Works! Southeast at operational level business-oriented organizations and is an active participant in those organizations. Ensures compliance to organization, state and federal requirements of Apprenticeship and other Programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, coordinates, implements and manages registered apprenticeship programs
- Identifies creates and joins and/or leads sector specific collaborative opportunities focused on strategic TPM/Workforce Development projects.
- Promotes/grows USDOL apprenticeship programs
- Assists employers with researching Registered Apprenticeship programs, starting new programs, and working together to create a pipeline of skilled workers.
- Collaborates with educational and training providers to write curriculum, manage program development and record apprentice success.
- Expands MWSE’s strategic representation/memberships on community business organization groups and board memberships
- Partners with MWSE BSC Coordinators on partner management and identifying long term sector strategy collaborative opportunities.
- Partners with MWSE Service Centers on region wide projects and direct employee/employer connections
- Provides/hosts regular informative collaborative webinars
- Supports Business Services Team social media content development in partnership with MWSE Communications staff
- Enrolls in assigned industry specific training and learning opportunities
- Coordinates with local and state partners to administer programs and services
- Assists employers with job assessments and profiles
- Evaluates candidate referred from career advisors
- Monitors and evaluates labor pool
- Records and maintains employer information in a database system
- Coordinates onsite employer interviewing
- Pre-screens resumes and applications for employers
- Assists with Rapid Response to layoffs and closures
- Presents programs on business services and other workforce issues to employer associations, community partners and other organizations
- Participates in community outreach and talent recruitment events
- Participates in community events and organizations to maximize networking opportunities
- Regularly travels throughout Michigan Works! Southeast region
- Other duties as assigned