This position will support the Network through recruitment of prospective students into the STEM pipeline from LCC to MSU and relationship building across the two campuses. In this work, the outreach coordinator will be expected to contribute to creating an environment that supports diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging (DEIB).
Responsibilities of the position may include, but are not limited to:
- Active recruitment of eligible STEM students to LCC in coordination with admissions and other stakeholders (e.g. Envision Green)
- Organize and lead events at LCC and/or MSU that engage students and families from Middle and High Schools in STEM activities with faculty, staff and current LCC and/or MSU students
- Attend science fairs, curricular and co-curricular events at Middle & High Schools to discuss STEM pathways through LCC to MSU
- Design and keep record of appropriate data for sustainability (co-create with EG for the entire pipeline)
- Travel between the two campuses to build relationships with STEM students, faculty, advisors, admissions counselors, and other programs on campus (e.g. MSU Transfer Student Success (TSSC), MSU's Transfer Peer-Mentoring Program, Envision Green, TRIO, Charles Drew Science Scholars, etc.).
Unit Specific Education/Experience/Skills
Knowledge equivalent to that which normally would be acquired by completing a four year college degree program; six months to one year of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in admissions, counseling, public relations, student services or related area, including implementing programs and schedules, making formal presentations, and working with the public; experience with database, spreadsheet, desk top publishing and/or presentation software; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; may require conversational proficiency in a foreign language.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Remote Work Statement
MSU strives to provide a flexible work environment and this position has been designated as remote-friendly. Remote-friendly means some or all of the duties can be performed remotely as mutually agreed upon.
Bidding eligibility ends January 30, 2024 at 11:55 P.M.