We work alongside the best and brightest to do incredibly cool things you wouldn’t believe. At Roush, you’re part of building the future. Are you someone that has a passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges? Do you want to work someplace where creativity and new ideas are encouraged? If so, then keep reading.
We fuse technology and engineering to provide product development solutions to customers in a diverse range of industries. Widely recognized for providing engineering, testing, prototype, and manufacturing services to the transportation industry, Roush also provides significant support to the aerospace, defense and theme park industries. With over 2,400 employees in facilities throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, and South America, our unique combination of creativity and tenacity activates big ideas on a global stage.
We offer a full array of benefits to our full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, earned sick time, STD, LTD, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
The Emissions Certification Engineer will be responsible for researching current internal combustion
engine, electric vehicle and heavy-duty engine emissions regulations, processing of data and the
creation and submission of required engine emission and vehicle compliance applications to regulatory
As an Emissions Certification Engineer, you will:
- Prepare and submit emissions certification applications in the agency’s electronic filing systems
- Provide powertrain development teams regulatory targets, clear test procedures and guidance through thorough research of vehicle and engine emissions regulations
- Evaluate Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and California Air Resources Board (CARB) regulations for applicability to our customer’s future vehicles and engines
- Stay current with changes in the regulatory climate and proposed future rule making trends
- Evaluate emissions test data against the relevant EPA and CARB regulations
- Prepare concise technical reports and review with our customers and the regulators
To be considered as an Emissions Certification Engineer, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical field.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in preparing and or submitting EPA and CARB emissions certification applications
- Good understanding of EPA and CARB regulations and electronic application data bases.
- Knowledge of typical emissions related engineering specification terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Adobe software
A successful candidate may also have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering field
- Ability to navigate the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and the California code of Regulations
- Ability to use engine dynamometer or vehicle chassis dynamometer emissions testing
- Experience with emission controls and On Board Diagnostic 2 (OBD2) systems and regulations
If you share our passion for providing innovative solutions to complex challenges, we want you on our team. Please visit our careers page and apply by clicking on this link: https://jobs.roush.com/us/en/
Visit our website: www.roush.com
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/RoushCareers
Roush is an EO employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
If you need a reasonable accommodation for our employment application process due to disability, please contact Roush Talent Acquisition at (734) 779-7087.