Under the direction of the Supervisor, Clinical Training, LifeWays' RN Clinical Training Specialist plans, organizes, and coordinates onboarding of new clinical employees within the Integrated Health Department. This position also plans, develops, implements, and conducts ongoing trainings across clinical programs and other partners (law enforcement, first responders, provider network, etc.) to increase skill and knowledge level within the mission, vision, and values of LifeWays.
- Creates and provides onboarding and ongoing in-person and virtual training to LifeWays and Provider Network employees including but not limited to clinical skills, medication administration, healthy lifestyles, and concepts related to psychiatric nursing and co-occurring disorders.
- Organizes onboarding packets for new employees in the Integrated Health Department, including training logs, onboarding schedules, competency checklists and other necessary documents.
- Provides clinical consultation as needed to ensure appropriate delivery of services within LifeWays' provider network and internally.
- Monitors and/or oversees tracking of all training to support LifeWays' network and staff; identifies trends and develops improvement plans/training regarding clinical competencies as identified from chart reviews. Works closely with clinical supervisors and the Contracts Management Department to ensure clinical competence and quality of service delivery.
- Is an active member in all committees as assigned that include but are not limited to Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) workgroups, Quality Management workgroups/ committees.
- Obtains and maintains various trainer certifications (including but not limited to CPR/First Aid and BLS) by completing necessary trainings and ensuring compliance with requirements to keep trainer status.
- Prepares course feedback and evaluation tools to measure the effectiveness of courses. Periodically evaluates and reports on the outcomes of training sessions, overall effectiveness, success, and return on investment. Maintains records of trainee progress and achievements. Maintains a database of training materials as well as a reference library on training films, books, and other course materials.
- Develops and implements 90-day reviews for new employees in the Integrated Health Department.
- Provides ongoing monitoring of competencies through chart reviews, observation, and other means to identify training needs within LifeWays and the Provider Network.
- Provides feedback to supervisors on staff competencies and collaborates on the development of performance improvement plans as needed.
- Able to work at both Jackson and Hillsdale sites as required to ensure training needs are met.
- Assists in preparing for internal and external audits.
- Clinical Trainer II: BSN-RN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing + RN licensure).
- Clinical Trainer III: MSN + RN licensure.
- Ability to be credentialed as a Mental Health Professional according to Michigan PIHP/CMHSP Provider Qualifications.
- Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML)
- Nursing Professional Development Certification (NPD-BC)